VASL Desert League 2017-2018 In Progress

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Carl,

Mike Sprague and Ed Barnes finished up ASL37 Khamsin. Mike's Brits setup on the hillocks and the armor reinforcements took up position behind them. Ed's Germans steamrollered in and there was lots of shooting but few hits due to the sandstorm. Still, 2 of Ed's tanks broke their MA and were recalled and another 4 were hit and a Grant and Crusader for the Brits. But Ed ended up conceding due to time running out with 2 more hillocks to capture, the DVP cap in play and getting low on AFVs.

Thanks Ed for a great game and teaching me a lot about Chapter F.

I'm still a newbie to Chapter F, but I really enjoyed this scenario. The sandstorm really gives a great "desert" feeling. Can't wait for the next round. :)

FYI, I updated ROAR.

MikeS

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Mike for the Report, I'll get the League updated.

Nate Stapf

Reaction score
Hi Carl,
John Bock and I are done with Ci Arrendiamo. He unfortunately had to concede because of time issues. That being said, it was going to be an uphill battle for him since he had the misfortune of losing both of his 37L AT guns before he could get even 1 kill from them. I took the first one out with a direct hit from my OBA before it could fire a shot, the other one had its crew broken by long range area fire from the 2 75*AA trucks. Without good AT defenses other than long range 88 fire my tanks were starting to overrun his infantry positions. His 9-1 and a squad did lash out on the last turn we played (bottom of the 4th) and burn a tank in CC. John also took out my 9-1 leader, a mmg, and a squad with a crit from a light mortar on their truck. He didn't burn it, but both failed the CS roll.
Although we didn't play it entirely out, fun was had.
Nate

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Nate, I will record it in the league, but not on ROAR as it was a partial game. Who had which side please? Sounds like John had the British, is that correct?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen defeated Jim Fradette in a playing of J186 Castles On The Horizon. Kevin had the Germans and Jim the British. One outstanding game and we are good to go.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have one game left and as it is imminently to be completed, I extended our deadline through the weekend. Thanks guys, next round posting soon.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow's British defeated James Taylor's Germans in J186, Castles On The Horizon. The game has been reported to ROAR and in the League. Next round matchups out momentarily.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Round Two Match-ups. Email will also be going out.

Round Two Matchups

7/3/2017-9/30/2017

1-0 Bracket

John Knowles vs Paul Schaffer

Will Willow vs David Yllanes

Kevin Killeen vs Nate Staph

Mike Sprauge vs Randy Rossi

0-1 Bracket

Will Fleming vs John Bock

Jim Fradette vs Richard Dagnell

James Taylor vs Pierce Mason

Pablo Silva (filling in for Scott Holst) vs Ed Barnes

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Afternoon,
James and I will play A112 "Gift Of Time." I will be defending with the Allied forces
in the Kasserine Pass .. pucker up ya'll!!
Pierce

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi Carl,

Paul and I are also playing A-112 "Gift Of Time".

Paul gets the defending Allies, whilst I get the attacking Axis. Will hopefully get a start going in a couple of weeks.....

John.

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Randy Rossy and I are going to play ASL39 Turning the Tables. Randy has the defending British and I have the attacking Germans. We hope to start it up next week.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Randy Rossy and I are going to play ASL39 Turning the Tables. Randy has the defending British and I have the attacking Germans. We hope to start it up next week.
That's an oldie but goodie. Enjoy.