VASL Deluxe League 2017-2018 Now Starting

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen's Germans bested David Garvin's Russians in the classic DASL 1 Guryev's Headquarters. My leadership was able to avoid numerous sniper attempts and survived a 2.5 squad berserk charge. David was a blast to play and I wish him good luck the rest of the tourney.

KK
Thanks for the report. Playing saved in the League and on ROAR.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bruce Gelinas had to forfeit vs Ed Barnes, due to unforseen circumstances.
Carl

shirlfactor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian Roundhill and I just finished the scenario Preparing the way . Brian's Germans had less than the 51evp's needed so we called it. The keys points that happened: My russian sniper was active and took out a couple leaders, the German oba got one mission and then the radio was stuck with a broken leader, I was also able to get some side and rear shots at his panthers with apcr, and the picket defense held up. This was my first time playing Brian and I'd play against him again anytime.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian Roundhill and I just finished the scenario Preparing the way . Brian's Germans had less than the 51evp's needed so we called it. The keys points that happened: My russian sniper was active and took out a couple leaders, the German oba got one mission and then the radio was stuck with a broken leader, I was also able to get some side and rear shots at his panthers with apcr, and the picket defense held up. This was my first time playing Brian and I'd play against him again anytime.
Ok Norm, thanks for the report. Yeah, Brian is a good Joe, to be sure. I will report the result on ROAR and in the League.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ted's Russians made the last street fighting roll to defeat my Germans in Preparing The Way on the very last possible roll of the game. A real squeaker and Ted is a great guy. I hope to play him again.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Gene. I will post that on ROAR and in the League.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This leaves just one game before this round is wrapped up. I have been told that one should get finished.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bruno Nitrosos's Russians defeated Sebastiano Caltabiano's Germans in a playing of D7, with Flame and Shell. Thanks for the report gents.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With all the round 1 games now complete, here are the round 2 matchups. An email will go out to the group either later tonight or tomorrow.

Round Two Matchups

7/1 through 9/30

1-0

Norm Delaura II vs James Taylor

Ed Barnes vs Ted Wilcox

Randy Shurtz vs Pierce Mason

Kevin Killeen vs Bruno Nitrosso

0-1

Brian Roundhill vs Gene Holmberg

David Garvin vs Will Willow

Bob Eury vs Jim Hunter

Carl Nogueira vs Sebastiano Caltabiano

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sebastiano and I will be playing D4, First Strike. Sebastiano has the Russians.

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
David Garvin's Russian horde was able to evict my German baddies in J89 Himmler's House. At least I lasted till the last turn.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It was a sordid affair as my men risked it all to first isolate and then seize the structure. Will was able to maneuver his men adeptly from room to room and floor to floor to evade my shots. In the end, my firepower was overwhelming and my 8-level morale allowed me to withstand many of his shots.
Noteworthy were the efforts of some of his men in the approaches as they knocked out some tanks with their panzerfausts and setting them on fire. Also, apparently the 9-2 Soviet Leaders were appointed to their positions; they broke practically every morale check they faced.
It was a great match and I look forward to facing Will again.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bruno Nitrosso was able to defeat Kevin Killeen in FT208, To Have and To Hold, as the Russians to Kevin's Germans. They had so much fun they are playing a DTO rematch. Excellent gentlemen!!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a sordid affair as my men risked it all to first isolate and then seize the structure. Will was able to maneuver his men adeptly from room to room and floor to floor to evade my shots. In the end, my firepower was overwhelming and my 8-level morale allowed me to withstand many of his shots.
Noteworthy were the efforts of some of his men in the approaches as they knocked out some tanks with their panzerfausts and setting them on fire. Also, apparently the 9-2 Soviet Leaders were appointed to their positions; they broke practically every morale check they faced.
It was a great match and I look forward to facing Will again.
Gentlemen, I have recorded the match on ROAR and in the League. Thanks.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Evening

Randy Shurtz handily defeated my Americans in our playing of J172 "Ramcke's Redoubt." Great game played by
Randy. Good luck in the next round.
Pierce
"

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Evening

Randy Shurtz handily defeated my Americans in our playing of J172 "Ramcke's Redoubt." Great game played by
Randy. Good luck in the next round.
Pierce
"
Thanks Pierce. It has been recorded in the League and on ROAR.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, here are the next round of pairings. There have been some dropouts, leaving us with 13 players, in addition to myself filling in.
This is a four month round due to the Holidays.
Rounds Three Matchups

11/1 through 2/28 (Extra month for the Holidays)

2-0 Bracket

James Taylor vs Ted Wilcox

Randy Shurtz vs Bruno Nitroso

1-1 Bracket

Norm Delaura II vs David Garvin

Kevin Killeen vs Bob Eury

Brian Roundhill vs Jim Hunter (0-2)

0-2 Bracket

Will Willow vs Sebastiano Caltabiano

Gene Holmberg vs Carl Nogueira (Fill in)

Last edited: