VASL Deluxe League 2017-2018 Now Starting

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,
Like the subject line reads. Still looking for 3 players.
Thanks,
Carl

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are in Randy. Two more needed fella's. Any interest? Three month rounds, four rounds in all, so this is pretty leisurely. Four months for the round around the Holidays. You play in all four rounds regardless of record, last undefeated player gets 1st, the guy who loses to him in the last round gets 2nd. Prizes being worked on. Hoping for a start date as soon as we get our last two players.

This is live VASL, via Skype. We did this last year as well and a good time was had by all.
Carl

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking for one deluded sot, er good man, to get into the Deluxe League to round us out to 16 players. Any takers?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok Norm, you are in. Ketil, thanks for the interest, but Norm beat you to it. Since the post you quoted, we had found two players and Norm gets us up to 16. So with Norm, we are filled up. Thanks though.
Carl

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, here are the first round matchups. See also the emails sent out tonight, 03/10.

Round One 03/10-06/30

Sebastiano Caltabiano vs Bruno Nitrosso

Kevin Killeen vs David Garvin

Pierce Mason vs Jim Hunter

James Taylor vs Will Willow

Bob Eury vs Randy Shurtz

Gene Holmberg vs Ted Wilcox

Ed Barnes vs Bruce Gelinas

Brian Roundhill vs Norm Delaura II

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Evening,

Jim Hunter and I will be clashing in BC 10 "Groff's Grief." This is a Break Contact offering
set in 1950 Seoul, Korean Peninsula, 26 September, 1950. Jim's USMC will attack my NKPA
Looking forward to the game
Cheers ya'll!
Pierce

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Early Morning,

Pierce Mason's NKPA forces defeated Jim Hunters USMC in our match of BC10 "Groff's Grief."
A fun scenario. Was able to Shock a M26 AFV and Immobilize the other M26 in CC took
pressure off of my NKPA forces. A 90L MA is not something my NKPA looked forward to
have to deal with .. talk about "pucker factor." Jim's USMC couldn't pass MC's when necessary resulting in Jim having to make a all or nothing mad dash across a Fire-laned street to enter the last victory building. His Marines just couldn't withstand the NKPA fire and
Jim's Marines came up short three victory hexes. Enjoyed the game Jim and good luck to you in round 2 of the Deluxe League.
Cheers!
Pierce Mason

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Recorded in both Roar and the League. Thanks for being on top of things gentlemen.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Randy Shurtz and Bob Eury finished a game of FT208, To Have and To Hold, from the French Deluxe pack, with Randy's Russians taking the win.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Randy Shurtz and Bob Eury finished a game of FT208, To Have and To Hold, from the French Deluxe pack, with Randy's Russians taking the win.
I would like to hear a summary of Randy's attack plan as the Russians. I played this one last week as the Russians against Bob,and I was thoroughly thrashed.

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a flanking attack. Bob choose to defend the 5 buildings in the North with 14 of his 15 squads.

So in order to avoid getting hammered by his large stacks I only sent 6 squads to clear the Southern buildings. The rest of my force split in half and maneuvered down both board edges into the woods on both sides of board d5.

After the Partisans arrived and all the flanking units were in position and concealed I advance the entire force into the woods line on turn 4. The Germans couldn't get them all in Prep and in Dfire I still had some large fire groups including a 36 FP shot. Once the Germans broke they had no place to rout and the Russians were able to move up and force surrender in the following turns.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a flanking attack. Bob choose to defend the 5 buildings in the North with 14 of his 15 squads.

So in order to avoid getting hammered by his large stacks I only sent 6 squads to clear the Southern buildings. The rest of my force split in half and maneuvered down both board edges into the woods on both sides of board d5.

After the Partisans arrived and all the flanking units were in position and concealed I advance the entire force into the woods line on turn 4. The Germans couldn't get them all in Prep and in Dfire I still had some large fire groups including a 36 FP shot. Once the Germans broke they had no place to rout and the Russians were able to move up and force surrender in the following turns.
Well done!
My big mistake was sending half of my force against the southern building cluster, which weakened my attack on the north.
I still think the Germans have one too many fortified buildings.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys get in touch with Doug Rimmer. Or wait until I get done with the Nor'easter, come Sunday. I can forward Beta 6.4 to you. The Deluxe overlays work in that and I can also forward you the extension.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow and I faced off in HS30 The Good Shepard and my Canadians barged their way into town like they heard there was a hockey game going on.

Enjoyed playing Will very much and looking forward to a rematch in the desert.

JT

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for the report Gentlemen. Recorded in ROAR and in the League.

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen's Germans bested David Garvin's Russians in the classic DASL 1 Guryev's Headquarters. My leadership was able to avoid numerous sniper attempts and survived a 2.5 squad berserk charge. David was a blast to play and I wish him good luck the rest of the tourney.

KK