VASL CG League

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, you are reading it right. This is an ambitious, and small (in number of players) attempt to form an 8 player, three round League around some CG's for the VASL community to play. My other VASL Leagues are currently reforming as I ask the people who participated in last years if they want to come back and then reach out to new players who expressed interest and finally to the general gaming public.

This however is a totally new concept to float, so I am throwing it out to one and all. Please read below. As an aside, while all of my other Leagues I have encouraged new players, this one, to be sure, is for the experienced players.

VASL CG League

Following on the success of the VASL Leagues, I am branching out into a CG League this year. Due to the nature of such a venture, the number of participants will be restricted to 8. This will allow for three rounds, each of a year duration. Also, due to the size of some CG’s, this tournament will have a CG List to pick from of three, small CG’s in each of the first two rounds and three small to medium CG's for the last round. The CG’s selected, will be with an eye to making sure they can be completed in one years’ time, perhaps a little over for the last round, as well as with an eye towards balance. The first round will begin in April 2017 and last until April 2018. The whole event will take three years and require each participant to complete three CG’s, one each year. If you think your busy schedule will not allow, please do not join. It would be a shame to have dropouts and leave people without an opponent, quite possibly for a year.

As with past VASL Leagues I have run, if there is difficulty contacting an opponent, please contact me immediately and I will inquire of them as to the delay. Please bear in mind we all have things that arise from time to time, so please allow ample opportunity for your opponent to reply.

All games are VASL Live via Skype. No PBEM unless both players mutually agree to it. The bot in use is Random.org, so please make sure your preference file is asked to select results from Random.org.

If a game cannot finish on time, I will look into the game situation and adjudicate. The winner will be the first undefeated player once all other players have one loss. Second place will be that player’s opponent in the final round. Brackets will go from 8-4-2, in terms of undefeated players.

Each player in a pairing will pick two of the three CG’s given, list them 1-2 inpreference with 1 being the most preferred and submit them to the Tournament Director. I will then inform the players as to how their picks matched up and what they will be playing, resolving any tie breakers. At the time of submitting the CG’s they want to play, players will also be submitting their choice of sides. If both players want the same side, this will be resolved by the TD randomly and the winner of that roll, will get the side they wanted and grant the loser the balance. Please indicate a side you want to play with each pick or your opponent will get his preference automatically with no balance awarded. If both players indicate no preference, then the sides will be randomly determined by the TD, with no balance awarded.

First Round Selections 4/1/2017-3/31/2018

Ill Fate on the Ilu [DB-ILUCG]

Japanese

American

Bloody Buron [BB-CG1]

German

Canadian

A Pleasant Diversion [SG-I]

German

American

(I’ve played it. If you know what you are doing with your American AFV’s, it is a pretty even fight.)

Second Round Selections 4/1/2018-3/31/2019

Crossing the Moro [CM-CG]

Canadian

German

Sand and Blood [GT-I]

Japanese

American

Above the Prayers [KGP-IV]

German

American

Third Round 4/1/2018-3/31/2019 * Due to this being the last round, it might run past the deadline, but the ending deadline will be more flexible.

The Central Railway Station [VotG-I]

Russian

German

Five Days in May CG [FT KGS CG2]

Russian

German

Ozerekya Breakout CG [OzB-CG]

Roman/Ger

Russian

Players who are interested but do not have the needed CG boards etc, please contact me and I can help you out with the VASL particulars you would need.
Thanks Gentlemen and I look forward to hearing from you.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Brilliant idea. I will not be committing to it as I cannot guarantee the time but great idea.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are those choices you give set in stone Carl? I'm really not a fan of any of those CG's you listed and would have preferred choices that were more eastfront centric.

Scott

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are those choices you give set in stone Carl? I'm really not a fan of any of those CG's you listed and would have preferred choices that were more eastfront centric.

Scott
People only have a year to get them done, so yes. They were chosen for size and balance.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok Pierce, Brian, you guys are in. Rob, I caught you on Facebook. This gives us six guys now. Just hit me with a PM with the emails you prefer to have in use for the League and we will wait for two more.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have our 8 players. You have all been emailed. Good luck gentlemen.
First Round Pairing

Chuck Tewksbury vs Jason Wert
Curt Schilling vs Brian Sullivan
Rob Loeper vs Pierce Mason
Jim Hunter vs Norm Delaura II

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately I missed applying in time. May I suggest Carl, a rolling annual wave? About this time next year, another VASL CG wave2 starts with 8 players? Of course, only if you feel like running such an endeavor

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am pretty tapped out right now VASL League wise. The thought had occurred to me, but I want to do the various leagues justice too. I do have another player who got here a bit late though. If you would be open to playing through in an overflow format, I am sure we can arrange something. It wouldn't count towards League standings and such, but hell, it would be fun. Let me know and I can talk to the other player if interested.

The rub with the leagues in general is that you have to keep a time schedule in place and that limits the number of participants.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fully understand the limitations, and I am impressed by the number of leagues you are running. I would do the overflow, if everything aligns

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fully understand the limitations, and I am impressed by the number of leagues you are running. I would do the overflow, if everything aligns
Ok Mike. I will check with the other player. If he is game, I will pair you two up.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok Mike. I will check with the other player. If he is game, I will pair you two up.
FYI - Due to Ed's work, a house move, and other commitments, he is unable to complete his CG with me and is dropping out. He is a good guy, and I hope that I can play him again in the future - if for no other reason than to get revenge after the complete @$$ whipping gave me in the para-league :)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok Mike, thanks for the 411. I'll give you the forfeit win. Carl