VASL beta 4.2

karl

Lost in my own mind.
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi

Has anybody tried this version yet? Are there any issues when it is used with version 4.12?

Cheers

Karl

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I haven't tried playing a beta version of VASL. Where do you get it from? I thought I looked around on the www.vasl.org site for one a while ago and couldn't find anything, nor anything at the VASL Map Cabal.

And do you know what the main changes are?

karl

Lost in my own mind.
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi

Here is the link. It has got some of the new counter art. Want to try it out but do not want to have version issues.

www.vasl.org/beta/

Cheers

Karl

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Okay... first impressions look good. There's some very nice new counters being produced.

And more importantly... Karl, no need to worry. It doesn't over-write your existing VASL. It has it's own executable, so if you download the beta version you won't have any problems with your old version.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
There's also a nifty little utility to help you move around the map quickly... click on it and it brings up a mini-map with a black square showing the portion of the mapboard currently on your screen. As you click in the mini-map, the main mapboard moves instantly to follow where you've moved to.

This is going to help heaps when you're wondering about LOS possibilities, or trying to avoid getting so caught up in the little picture that you find it difficult to see what is going on in your "peripheral vision", so to speak.