VASL ASLSK

Millenium_baby

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It would be nice if the Terrain Transformation window during set up had an ASLSK option for set up. This would make the tool even more useful for ASLSK play. Main difference as far as I can tell is the hight of buildings. All SK buildings are level 1 only.

And if I remember correctly hindrance is calculated slightly different.

Millenium_baby

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
You can always Remove Stairwells
Not sure what that does, but the LOS from wG4 to wO5 is still blocked by the large building in L4. In SK L4 has one level only and should not block LOS.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Checking "No Stairwells" in the Terrain Transformations Dialog (below) just takes the large white Stairwell squares or dots and turns them into the appropriate color for that building (wood or stone). It doesn't change the LOS information for that board, so yeah, you're still going to get LOS Tool behavior that you're reporting. Sounds like another thing Doug Rimmer could have a look at in his copious free time.

DougRim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now that my name has been taken in vain, . . . I think the best way to implement this would be with a check box below the No Stairwells one that says something like "All Single Story (SK)".

And then of course that would require some code that would actually transform the los data. Variants of this have been done before and should not be too hard to implement.

Realistically, it is not going to be part of VASL6.6.5 this fall. VASL6.6.6 next spring will be a bug-fixer only. This request is a new feature which I can see it making VASL6.6.7 a year from now.

Stewart

Reaction score
Country
llMalta
It would be nice if the Terrain Transformation window during set up had an ASLSK option for set up. This would make the tool even more useful for ASLSK play. Main difference as far as I can tell is the hight of buildings. All SK buildings are level 1 only.

And if I remember correctly hindrance is calculated slightly different.
LOS in SK, Unless they go to 2nd level (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) is very simplified.
Verification from the VASL LOS string is nigh unnecessary.
IF on a hill, you can't see past ANY building or obstacle.
IF on a hill looking to another hill, Simply look for any OTHER terrain at the hill level...i.e. look for pixels over the string.

Unless I'm missing something, that's all you need to do.