VASL 6.6.5 is released

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The new VASL version 6.6.5 is great esp the Ctrl E for acq function. Suggestions:

1. When CtrL E is used automatically link the AFV and ACQ counter with a thread (cgrl+Command+L on a Mac). Perhaps add it as an option in preferences to toggle link/no link.
  2. Add an option to copy the Label of AFV using Ctrl-E to ten created ACQ counter- Perhaps add it as an option in preferences to toggle this function.
Thanks for all the hard work!

degiabo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Thank you very much for all the hard work!
If it can help, seems to me you missed to add the Ctrl E option to the sw's (i.e. small mtr's).

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Doug. Thanks for all the hard work on this. I have a question on this issue. It seems a chat is superimposing itself on the usual control window. Please see below. Any idea how to get rid of that? 6.65 with 3.6.7 in use.

Last edited:

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Since I loaded the new 665 when I load the previous 664 the coloured dr appears white both dice. I’ve tried preferences and can colour the on map dice? Is there anything I can do to resolve this. It does not effect my opponent who is using 6.6.4?

The 6.6.5 has two colours. 🤔

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Huzzah I appear to have resolved it by finding the colour change in the chat window. Thanks 😊

But have to set colours each time I load 6.6.4 🤔

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Doug Rimmer excellent 👍. I thought it was just my usual computer illiteracy. Always read the notes. Thanks Doug it made me problem solve and learn a wee bit more. Thanks again for all your efforts 😊👍

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
  1. When CtrL E is used automatically link the AFV and ACQ counter with a thread (cgrl+Command+L on a Mac). Perhaps add it as an option in preferences to toggle link/no link.
  2. Add an option to copy the Label of AFV using Ctrl-E to ten created ACQ counter- Perhaps add it as an option in preferences to toggle this function.
Thanks for all the hard work!
On item 1, tried. Failed. Could not make it work. I will try again at some point but not for a while.

On item 2, there was a fair bit of discussion about this when I was developing the CTRL-E functionality. Not really a consensus in favour of it. And not really sure I could make it work. If I could not do item 1, I probably can't get item 2 to work either.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you very much for all the hard work!
If it can help, seems to me you missed to add the Ctrl E option to the sw's (i.e. small mtr's).
Yep. Totally forgot. Next version!

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Doug. Thanks for all the hard work on this. I have a question on this issue. It seems a chat is superimposing itself on the usual control window. Please see below. Any idea how to get rid of that? 6.65 with 3.6.7 in use.
View attachment 23048
Carl, it would appear that you are using the uncombined windows option, correct?

I have not seen this on my system or heard other reports of it. Will check it out.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Playing today I noticed that the SAN alert stars also appear when the SA dr button is used. Feature or bug?
That is exactly where they are supposed to appear. When you roll a 1 or a 2, you should get the appropriate alert about the effect? I just tested it on 6.6.4 and it was displaying in that version. What has changed for you?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
View attachment 23048
Have checked this on my system using uncombined windows. I do not get the extra window.

It appears to me, looking at your image, that you have a couple, (ok, a thousand) extra dice/dice roller buttons. Are these loaded via extensions? If so, I suspect that it is one of the extensions that is causing this. Try clicking on each and every dice/die button and see if any of them send messages to the overlying window. If so, then remove the extension, restart and see if the second chat still appears. It may be caused by more than one of them. . . . so you may have remove several.

If that is the cause then we can figure out how to fix the extensions. If not, then we will look elsewhere. But an extension seem the most likely cause to me.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have checked this on my system using uncombined windows. I do not get the extra window.

It appears to me, looking at your image, that you have a couple, (ok, a thousand) extra dice/dice roller buttons. Are these loaded via extensions? If so, I suspect that it is one of the extensions that is causing this. Try clicking on each and every dice/die button and see if any of them send messages to the overlying window. If so, then remove the extension, restart and see if the second chat still appears. It may be caused by more than one of them. . . . so you may have remove several.

If that is the cause then we can figure out how to fix the extensions. If not, then we will look elsewhere. But an extension seem the most likely cause to me.
Ok Doug. Whole lot of extensions going on, so I will definitely check that out. Thank you.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug, that seems to be it. Trying the extensions revealed no problem, so I went in and deleted all the ones I didn't use anymore, which with the exception of the secret dr extension for Mud and Deep Snow (Be an excellent hard wired choice btw). Bingo, just one screen now. Thank you very much.
Carl

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Doug, that seems to be it. Trying the extensions revealed no problem, so I went in and deleted all the ones I didn't use anymore, which with the exception of the secret dr extension for Mud and Deep Snow (Be an excellent hard wired choice btw). Bingo, just one screen now. Thank you very much.
Carl
Your most welcome Carl. If you post a list of the ones you deleted, I can check which one triggered the issue - for those that are still current?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Doug,
They are:
3d6.mdx
chatter-plus-2.21.vmdx
P-dice.mdx
RandomSelectionBot.mdx
RandomOrg.mdx