VASL 6.6.1 counters font is fuzzy

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I loaded the latest VASL 6.6.1. Everything works fine. However, the counters, font and toolbar have a fuzzy, out-of-focus look to them. Dice rolls in chat are particularly noticeable. Anyone know if this is fixable, or if this a current feature of 6.6.1?16450

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I loaded the latest VASL 6.6.1. Everything works fine. However, the counters, font and toolbar have a fuzzy, out-of-focus look to them. Dice rolls in chat are particularly noticeable. Anyone know if this is fixable, or if this a current feature of 6.6.1?View attachment 16450

Hm, never seen anything like that. What version of VASSAL are you using?

Hunch:

If you are using VASSAL v3.2.17 (old), go to the VASL Preferences, 'General' Tab, check/uncheck 'Disable DirectX D3D pipeline'. Any difference?

If you are using VASSAL v3.5 (current as of 6. Feb. 2021), go to the VASL Preferences, 'Compatibility' Tab and go for trial/error with the options there - I have no idea what they might mean, but heck, maybe something there works.

von Marwitz

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am running VASSAL 3.4.12. on a PC. Played with Disabling DirectX D3D pipeline. No joy yet.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This has nothing to do with DirectX D3D. Don't disable that unless you're having repaint problems. This is not a repaint problem.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My menu bar is a bit fuzzy, but that is due to it being so small - the lack of pixels given the small size of that bar forces it to be that way:

The Actual units on the map are quite nice:

I am using VASSAL 3.4.12 and VASL 6.6.1. Monitor is a 4k 28" monitor.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would concur, the units on board are quite good. The few small fuzzy toolbar items are a lower priority for me. It's the Dice Rolls in the chat that are the worse. Those large dice rolls are truly out of focus, and makes me feel like I need glasses.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had not noticed an issue with the chat window. When I paste in this window the dots appearance to be more fuzzy than what I see on my monitor.