VASL-6.5.0 Casualties bin

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Hi
I'm playing Festung Budapest CG II now
Then CVP is a thing to have control over.
Problem is that ext. counters don't "count" in the bin
it returns
Bad Data in Module: Numeric field contains a non-number Increment AlliedCVP: format={iCVP}, value=

Is this a missing value in the def of the counter in the Ext. ?
Looks like this is something that goes for all the counter Ext. checked some (not all)
Is there a way yo make this work for counter Ext?

Styrk

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No, there is no way for players to make the extension work with the Casualty bin from within the game. All the counters in the extension will be missing a property (that was only just added to the core so extension owners would not have known to do so).

However, the extension can be modified to work with the casualty bin. It is not that hard and I am happy to show extension creators how to do so. I have no right to change their extensions and so have not done so.

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Well,
I have made Ext before so if I only get a what to edit I start editing I guess there is a value that has to go in. :) .

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well,
I have made Ext before so if I only get a what to edit I start editing I guess there is a value that has to go in. :) .
To add a property to a unit in an extension so that the casualty bin functionality in 6.5.0 will work with the unit:

In the VASSAL window, right-click on your VASL 6.5.0 and select Add Extension. From the dialogue, select the extension you wish to edit. Once the extension is visible in the VASSAL window, right-click it and select Edit Extension. If you don't see the extension right away, click on the symbol to the left of your vasl module name. if there is no symbol then you didn't add the extension. You must do this even if you already have an extension installed.

Once the extension is open, open the VASL Counters tab and tab down to the counter(s) you wish to edit.

Double-click the counter to open it for editing.

Scroll down the available traits list to Dynamic Property, select in and click the Add button.

In the dialogue that opens,

Name =
iCVP for personnel
gCVP for guns
pCVP for planes
tCVP for vehicles and LC.

Value = cvp value of unit. For vehicles enter max possible value including +2 for crew (there is a menu item that lets you reduce cvp for malf/disabled MA, crew survives).

Is Numeric = click to check

Key Commands click New

In the dialogue that opens,

Menu Command = Reset CVP

Key Command = Ctrl Shift V. Do NOT type this in. Click in the box and then perform the keystrokes. Ctrl Shift V and Shift Ctrl V will both work.

Type = Prompt

Prompt = Change value of CVP

FOR Squads and Half-Squads ONLY:

Click the New button in Key Command

Menu Command = blank - remove the default text and leave the box empty

Key Command = Alt Shift H. Same instructions as above; perform the actual keystrokes.

Type = set value directly

New Value = click on the calculator symbol and in the dialogue that opens, in the New Value box enter If(iCVP==2,iCVP-1,iCVP+1). You should see a green check mark. If so, click ok. The formula will appear in the New Value box in the Key Command area and will now have {} at the beginning and end. (Hint: after clicking on the calculator button, I paste the formula into the box rather than retype it every time).

Click OK.

In the remaining dialogue (where you selected the dynamic property), you will find dynamic property at the bottom of the right-hand side dialogue. Select it and use the Move Up button repeatedly until it appears in the list above any trait that begins with Protoype.

Click OK.

And you are done. Repeat for each individual counter that needs a CVP value.

When finished be sure to save the module.

if you want to check that you are doing it correctly, open your vasl6.5.0 module for editing and open up a unit counter and view the dynamic property. That will show you what it is supposed to look like.

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I have now updated FB to work. All looks good. (need a bit of testing)
Two things I like to note the formula did at first end up as : {"If(iCVP==2,iCVP-1,iCVP+1)"} so that made a mess. so I used {If(iCVP==2,iCVP-1,iCVP+1)} and that works
And then creating a new Dynamic Property iCVP for etch counter is SLOW. but copy and passed the "Dynamic Property iCVP" and edit the CVP is fast.

Then a like to see a "standard" for add on counters. Its just all over the place
A CG tab in Country -> list CG/addon Name -> Tabs...... ???

Then there is a chance to have control

Styrk

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am glad that you got it to work. Honestly, I do not see much chance of the "control" that you wish.