VASL 6.4.4 LOS Not working with flipped BFP boards

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello,
I'm running VASL 6.4.4 (VASSAL 3.2.17) and having issues with the LOS function on flipped BFP boards. Setting up for BFP83-The Second Belt using boards BFP4a, 4b, and N; all in their flipped configuration. The LOS function only provides range, no LOS blocked or Hindrances.
Now if I used the unflipped boards individually, LOS shows blocked LOS and hindrances normally. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct this?
Checked the issue on my laptop and desktop. Same issue.
TIA,
Colin

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Took a quick look. Definitely a problem with BFPDW4b when it is flipped.

What is happening is that the los function isn't working with this board for some reason so it kicks out for the whole map and defaults to the los thread that comes with VASSAL which just shows the thread and range. I will look at this in more detail to determine what is up with 4b and fix it.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have found the bug for this, the problem is with all of the BFPDW "b" boards - or rather the los code does not handle these boards properly when they are flipped. Problem fixed and tested. Will be available in vasl6.4.5 coming this spring.

BTW, the los code was having the same problem with the BFP deluxe boards 1 and 2 when flipped. Fixed this as well.

Doug