VASL 6.3.3. and VASSAL 3.2.15 1st line Jap squads won't flip to broken side after being striped...

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have VASL 6.3.3. and VASSAL 3.2.17 and my 1st line Jap squad will stripe but they won't FLIP to the broken side after being striped...what's wrong with VASL / VASSAL?

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I have VASL 6.3.3. and VASSAL 3.2.17 and my 1st line Jap squad will stripe but they won't FLIP to the broken side after being striped...what's wrong with VASL / VASSAL?
Neither the striped nor the un-striped Japanese squad have a "break" option. I don't know for sure but I suspect that this is because there is no such thing as a broken Japanese squad, striped or not. For the striped squad you must replace it with a half-squad, then break it. For the un-striped squad you must replace it with two (edit-) half-squads then break both of them.

JR

Last edited:

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Neither the striped nor the un-striped Japanese squad have a "break" option. I don't know for sure but I suspect that this is because there is no such thing as a broken Japanese squad, striped or not. For the striped squad you must replace it with a half-squad, then break it. For the un-striped squad you must replace it with two squads then break both of them.

JR
DUH!!! Thanks!