VASL 5.0 and VASSAL 3.1.15?

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm doing a computer clean up today and I notice in my programs list I have both VASL 5.0 and VASSAL 3.1.15 on the computer. Do I need both in order to play ASL on VASSAL? Or can I delete VASL 5.0 since ASL is now part of VASSAL 3.1.15?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Not sure what you mean about VASSAL has VASL in it? I have VASSAL 3.1.20 and I still had to explicitly load VASL.mod into it the first time I ran it. Now it comes up with VASL listed as a module, but I'm pretty sure that it (the VASL.mod file) that you used to initially run on VASSAL still needs to exist if you want to continue to run VASL on VASSAL?

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure what you mean about VASSAL has VASL in it? I have VASSAL 3.1.20 and I still had to explicitly load VASL.mod into it the first time I ran it. Now it comes up with VASL listed as a module, but I'm pretty sure that it (the VASL.mod file) that you used to initially run on VASSAL still needs to exist if you want to continue to run VASL on VASSAL?
I don't think the VASL 5.0 listed in my "Prgrams and features" list is the mod. There is a vasl.mod file in the VASSAL Mosules folder.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, just for the heck of it, I right clciked onthe VASL 5.0 icon and hit 'Uninstall" and get an error that it will not completely unistall. I think it is a left over from the old VASL 5.0 program. It could be because I kept the board and extension folders in that old VASL folder. VASSAL's VASL.mod still works fine.