VASL 4 version question

klsmith

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've emailed Rodney about this, but haven't heard, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

I've downloaded the latest from the Vassal engine site, which says the new version is 1.1.14

The Vassal version I downloaded for Mac OS9 is 1.1.8 (not 1.1.14), so I get a little error-like note whenever I open a file from someone with 1.1.14. Doesn't seem to affect play, but then again, I haven't used it that much. Does anyone know if 1.1.8 is the latest version for Mac OS9, or should there be a version like 1.1.14 (that's apparently missing from the Vassal site)?

thanks

Ken

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the problem is that the version you have may be the latest "FULL" version of the install. But you can upgrade it to 1.1.14 by downloading the new "jar" file and copying it into the directory where it exists after install....

This is often the ONLY way to get the latest version.

Sam

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is something that should be made clear on the VASL web page. The way the page is now, it certianly LOOKS like all you have to do is run the full install and you'll have the latest version.

Gee, I guess I would complain if I was paying what VASL was worth. ;)

klsmith

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
exactly.

I'm not sure I could afford to pay what VASL is worth.

I just tried one of the GCACW Vassal modules this weekend, and it's really amazing how well it works. Opens up a whole new world of wargaming possibilities for those of us lacking opponents.