VASL 101/201 - Intro & Lesson List

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey fellow and future VASLers.

Slight update: It's been almost 2 years since I did the majority of these videos, a few aspects of VASL have evolved slightly over that time. But, the VAST majority of the info covered in these lessons still applies. (May 1, 2022)

I'm in the process of creating a series of videos titled "VASL101" and "VASL201" with which I hope to lure more players into the system who are either sitting on the fence, a bit intimidated by the process, have put it off because they just don't want to take the time to figure it out, or for existing VASLers who might learn some new tips and tricks.

VASL 101 - The Basics: Will take you from ground floor installation, to having an example scenario (63 - The Eastern Gate) up, running and fully setup to play. With these episodes you should be able to go from knowing nothing about VASL to easily being able to setup and configure nearly any scenario you want to play.

VASL 201 - Customizing: Learn advanced topics of VASL (Virtual Advanced Squad Leader): customizing your play area, how to create and work with log files, adding bling, analyzing VASL dicebot statistics, etc

All feedback and constructive criticism is welcome if it means I can improve the videos.

You can find these videos (obviously) and others on my ASL Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/AdvancedSquadLeaderAcademy

Thanks!
--
Neal

Last edited:

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Always looking to learn new tricks. Thanks for these!

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Thanks!

I am actually planning to finally install this, so this is really helpful. :)

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
I have a question, and it concerns installing the VASL Mod, and then the new VASL 6.5.1 module. I seem to be missing some piece of information, or misinterpreting, or whatever. My question is - how to install the VASL 6.5.1 module? I'm doing something wrong here and darned if I know what!! Help!

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a question, and it concerns installing the VASL Mod, and then the new VASL 6.5.1 module. I seem to be missing some piece of information, or misinterpreting, or whatever. My question is - how to install the VASL 6.5.1 module? I'm doing something wrong here and darned if I know what!! Help!
Lesson 01 covers all the installation (Java, Vassal, VASL module).

Simply run Vassal, the go FILE -> OPEN MODULE and navigate to where you saved the VASL 6.5.1 module, select it, click OPEN. Once you do this it will start loading all the assets in the module. Note that you can have multiple versions of the VASL module installed that can be loaded from the Vassal launch window.

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just found these, thanks much, I look forward to watching them.