various

gusi

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If a mmc with an optional usage PF is KIAed does it leave a PF counter in the hex?

In vassal how do you mark up which units have an optional PF? If you label the unit won't that show up when concealed?

Can an armour leader modify a to hit and an MG shot in the same turn?

How do you check for VBM in vassal is there a skinny counter that can be used to check the with of the gap?

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If a mmc with an optional usage PF is KIAed does it leave a PF counter in the hex?

In vassal how do you mark up which units have an optional PF? If you label the unit won't that show up when concealed?

Can an armour leader modify a to hit and an MG shot in the same turn?

How do you check for VBM in vassal is there a skinny counter that can be used to check the with of the gap?
  1. No
  2. You don't need to, unless there is a SSR that limits optional PF usage to specific units in the OB. Generally all units that could have a PF can roll for one with varying prospects of success depending on unit size.
  3. An Armor leader cannot modify vehicular MG unless they are MA. (D3.44)
  4. There is an extension that you can download called 5VBM. Just had a look at the VASL extensions page though and I can't see it there. Might be worth posting on the VASL forum to ask if it still exists.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
  1. The optional PF usage requires that you record squad B has 2PF, squad F and G each have 1PF and no other units have any PF. In FtF this is done when setting up, I don't know how it is done in VASL.
  2. As Doug sort of implied, if the MG is the MA yes you can use the AL for both a TH roll and a later MG shot on the IFT (if you have rate, etc.) otherwise the AL can't be used for a MG shot.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can do it several ways.
1) You can label the units a,b,c,d etc and then take PF counters, label them indicating which squad they go to and place them HIP on the side of the map.
  1. You an just label the counters themselves with how many PFs they have, but once they are unconcealed your opponent will know too.
  2. You can HIP some PF counters and place them above the appropriate counters.

gusi

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I tried placing the units as HIP but then they don't move with the squad. I am not sure if moving the hip counter will show up in the log. Similarly whether the labels show up to your opponent when a unit is concealed.
I'll have a look for the vbm extension module.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's simple to experiment @gusi . If you change your password in the preferences, you're a different person as far as VASL is concerned. Click on the map to move it and force an update, and you'll see the game as your opponent would see it. Step through your log, examine concealed pieces, etc.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I tried placing the units as HIP but then they don't move with the squad. I am not sure if moving the hip counter will show up in the log. Similarly whether the labels show up to your opponent when a unit is concealed.
I'll have a look for the vbm extension module.
Moving HIP units don't auto report their moves. and the label won't show up until you unconceal, or un-HIP