Vanilla 45 Tourney BB or AK.

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll
Okay everyone - second attempt at a tourney :)
...I'll give it this one last go, then withdraw and play in other players' Tourneys :D

1. Rounds will depend upon number of players...

2. I can "do" 12, 16, 18, 24 or 32 players.
2.1. 12 in 4 tables of 3, top 4 to KO - 3 rounds
2.2. 16 in straight KO - 4 rounds
2.3. 18 in 6 tables of 3, top 6 and best 2 runners-up to KO - 4 rounds
2.4. 24 in 8 tables of 3, top 8 to KO - 4 rounds
2.5. 32 in stright KO - 5 rounds
going for 16 players as of 29th June...

3. Format is BB or AK, depending upon demand - if you sign up please state do you want it to be BB, or AK, or you do not mind.

4. I'll give it a month for sign-ups, to say 21st July and take it form there.

5. 3 rounds is March to May 1945, 5 Rounds is January to May in 1945.

6. Pairings will be ordered 1-16 at random, so your path to final is "known" - changed 12th July from drawn out of a hat at random for each round by my daughter and son, which was. - changed 26th June from senior GS officer.

7. I will not be playing as I will provide medium to large maps with diagonally opposite deployment zones.

8. You will play 2 opponents each round if table based, or same one twice if KO based - once as Axis, once as Allied.

9. Forces completely unrestricted in everything - BUT you can only purchase units with rarity of + or - 10%.

10. Once the draw is made, I'll e-mail the map for that round to every player, and you will have a week to pick your forces.

11. Games are all ME at 28 Variable turn length, daytime, overcast.

12. Force sizes will be 1500 points - and with 20% casualties - so you buy extra and the forces are generated with casualties to units (that your opponent does NOT get vp's for...)

13. Thes games are rated for the ladder.

14. The maps are 2km x 2km QB generated tweaked by me for more flags and diagonally opposite deployment zones.

15. If any player purchases outside the +10% or -10% rarity they will forfeit that game 25-75 reportable on the ladder by their opponent...so take care when purchasing units!

AK - 12 in
Andre
Combat Wombat
Doodlebug
ernies - AK or BB
General Splatton AK or BB
Iron Mike USMC - AK or BB
jdsu - AK or BB
KG_AirborneBob - AK or BB
Michael Dorosh - AK or BB
Mt. Carmel Hill - AK or BB
Taktik

BB - 14 in
Andre
CMant
Combat Wombat
Doodlebug
ernies - AK or BB
General Splatton - AK or BB
Iron Mike USMC - AK or BB
jdsu - if AK or BB
KG_AirborneBob - AK or BB
Michael Dorosh - AK or BB
Mt. Carmel Hill - AK or BB
Taktik
Tripps

I'LL RUN WHICHEVER ONE FILLS UP FIRST WITH MOST PLAYERS...OR THE ONE THAT GETS TO 16 PLAYERS FIRST.

Last edited:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I'm always in for tourneys :)

Quick note, the +-10% ruling

Is it your intention to pretty much disallow all support guns, and limit the AFV's to a select few each side?
Just checking...

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm always in for tourneys :)

Quick note, the +-10% ruling

Is it your intention to pretty much disallow all support guns, and limit the AFV's to a select few each side?
Just checking...
...yes!

e.g. you could purchase the German 75mm ATG and load it onto a halftrack (both within 10% rarity)
..or the 57mm ATG with jeep combo (both within the 10% rarity again).

The Allies get the better Shermans as they are common, but the Germans get the cheap Hetzer..and so on.

Purchases still play a part - but the 20% casualties will sort the men from the boys ;)

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I could be in ,or sit a umpire if necessary, you choose. If I can play and do both fine. If I can just play that would be awesome.
CMBB or CMAK don't matter to me whatever makes it easierfor you.
But would not CMAK work better if there are not many large AFVs? There are more mech units to pick from in CMAK is there not.:smoke:

By the way never give up, thank you for attempting to do this tourney. You never know maybe even Nemesis Lead will join in and prove all his detractors wrong?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let me know if I can help.:smoke:

thank you
wayne 2054172

Reaction score
Count me In AK prefered, but it really wont matter if its BB....The challenges seems interesting.....Vanilla Ice!!!!:smoke:

Doodlebug

Reaction score
Country
ll
Please count me in. Will play BB or AK with no preferences. If I can assist in any way just ask

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll
Germans only have the Panther to take on the IS2 - will make it interesting! :)
Well, yes - you also get the T-34 and SU-76
...and Hetzers, StuGs, Panzer IV's, JP IV at the "lower" end :)

All these can take out the Panther and Stalin2 from the flanks and/or rear :D

...and casualties mean there is a 1 in 5 chance you'll lose one of you tanks and get more oter units instead :rifle:

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll
I could be in ,or sit a umpire if necessary, you choose. If I can play and do both fine. If I can just play that would be awesome.
CMBB or CMAK don't matter to me whatever makes it easierfor you.
But would not CMAK work better if there are not many large AFVs? There are more mech units to pick from in CMAK is there not.:smoke:

By the way never give up, thank you for attempting to do this tourney. You never know maybe even Nemesis Lead will join in and prove all his detractors wrong?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let me know if I can help.:smoke:

thank you
wayne 2054172
Just play - that way there can be no possible complaint about you knowing the map or fixing the draw :surprise:

...and 20% casualties makes a huge difference in how you purchase, plus at 1500 pts ubertanks soak up points :)

I am keepin it at 2x1500 pt battles to keep it quick and see how the tourney runs.

The perfect sign-up (for me) would include NL and ER as the best rated AK and BB players, you as the most battle points, POS as he gets players interested, and McIvan and Col T and The Coil etc (guys I do not know but who have strong views on tactics) and Tatik and Gen S and Red Devil and Geordie and...and...hell, the more the merrier - I am bound to have missed off loads...wry smile.

I may even run 2 tourneys, AK and BB.

For speed I'll design QB maps, with "unfair" parts edited, and you'll play from both sides anyway.

...in the end any detractors / complainers can have a go at me...everyone else can get on and play in it if they want to :D

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll
All signed up to here - no need to help, that way no other player can cry foul re map generation or draw of pairings :D

Reaction score
All signed up to here - no need to help, that way no other player can cry foul re map generation or draw of pairings :D
Hi Waleed,:salute:

Is there still room for 1 more?

Like Ed, I prefer CMAK, but will play CMBB if its easier. Do these count as rated games? I'm in regardless if you allow me.

Regards,

Scott:salute:

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Waleed,:salute:

Is there still room for 1 more?

Like Ed, I prefer CMAK, but will play CMBB if its easier. Do these count as rated games? I'm in regardless if you allow me.

Regards,

Scott:salute:
Hi Scott, good one, you're in :) :salute:
...and yes, they're rated games for the ladder.

GenSplatton

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm in for BB if I can be. Here are my issues:

Wedding in September, so there will be about a 10 day period (starting around 24 Sept) when I will be unavailable. If this falls in the middle of the thing and will be a problem, then I will withdraw my request to participate.

What ladder? I have an inactive account at the Blitz that I can probably turn back on. If Game Squad has it's own ladder, then I reckon I need to join? Edit: found the GS ladder. If the wedding doesn't boot me out, I'll join the ladder for this tourney.

Waleed

Reaction score
Country
ll

Wedding in September, so there will be about a 10 day period (starting around 24 Sept) when I will be unavailable. If this falls in the middle of the thing and will be a problem, then I will withdraw my request to participate.

What ladder? I have an inactive account at the Blitz that I can probably turn back on. If Game Squad has it's own ladder, then I reckon I need to join? Edit: found the GS ladder. If the wedding doesn't boot me out, I'll join the ladder for this tourney.

10 days away would be fine :)
...have a wonderful wedding :bandrum:

Tourney(s) will only go ahead if I can get 12 - any less I couldn't call it a Tourney (imo).

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

So your getting married?:cool: