Valor of the Guards Q&A

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Apologies if this has been asked&answered, but is F35 gutted? I've been playing this as a gutted single-hex 2-level house, but it's hard to tell from the map depiction, especially with the bigger hex-centre and the manhole circle...
No: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/votg-building-f35-is-it-gutted.79899/. Also per the same thread, it is not a manhole. The referenced post is: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/votg-gutted-building-question.74237/#post-980515

JR

Last edited:

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ah awesome, very illuminating! I searched and searched, but nothing came up, even in Google, somehow. So I assume then that due to the lack of a square hex-centre, that this is not a "tower" as per B34, but just a two level single hex building (which is how I've been playing it anyways!), that happens to represent a more substantial "tower". Thanks jrv!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Ah awesome, very illuminating! I searched and searched, but nothing came up, even in Google, somehow. So I assume then that due to the lack of a square hex-centre, that this is not a "tower" as per B34, but just a two level single hex building (which is how I've been playing it anyways!), that happens to represent a more substantial "tower". Thanks jrv!
My search: "f35 gutted site:gamesquad.com". The answer comes back in new gamesquad format, so no need to use the bookmarklet (but the bookmarklet will accept the new format by not changing it).

JR

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

1. Which hexes in Building F36 have sewer entrances? I'd say F36 and G39 (only)...
2. Hex F35 does not have sewer entrance, correct?
3. May the OB-given T34 in CGI set up Dug-In? (this was asked much earlier in this thread, but perhaps I missed the answer).

Thanks, Joshua

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Playing CGIII ATM and trying to get my head around something.

V12.6251 has the following sentence:

"The Russian may use the Attack chits freely but is limited to one Attack chit per CG day."

Let me see I have this right.

Now, normally a single date is played per day.

An extra scenario can be played on the same CG day if the Russians decide to counterattack and this can be a day-time or night-time scenario.

Also an extra scenario can be played on the same CG day if the Russians decide for a Russian Assault and decide to attack at Night.

Given V12.6251, the Russians can select an Attack chit and either choose to counterattack (and this could be be a day or night scenario) OR the Russians could choose to assault at Night, but not both.

Correct?

Last edited:

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Building P46/P47 on the VotG map is a Factory.

We say it has a Roof...however our old eyes might be playing tricks on us.

So...Roofless or not?

Thanks,
According tho this:

7.1 DESCRIPTION: Any non-factory building containing Roofless Building artwork (EX: buildings P33, Q33, Q34, R33, R34 and S34) is a Gutted Building, representing a building that was burnt-out in previous fighting. Gutted Buildings are created during the Refit Phase of a CG or by SSR; they are never created during play. Rules for Gutted Factories are handled as per O5.5.

Factories have roofs whether they are drawn that way or not....apparently until they are burned during a game.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
To my eyes the rail stations (both F22 and F36) use gutted artwork and are factories. The theater (P46) does not use the gutted artwork. The gutted artwork uses dark blocks that fill the building interior, and while the theater has some darkish blocks, they do not fill the building interior.

JR

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To my eyes the rail stations (both F22 and F36) use gutted artwork and are factories. The theater (P46) does not use the gutted artwork. The gutted artwork uses dark blocks that fill the building interior, and while the theater has some darkish blocks, they do not fill the building interior.

JR
What about this?:

7.1 DESCRIPTION: Any non-factory building containing Roofless Building artwork (EX: buildings P33, Q33, Q34, R33, R34 and S34) is a Gutted Building, representing a building that was burnt-out in previous fighting. Gutted Buildings are created during the Refit Phase of a CG or by SSR; they are never created during play. Rules for Gutted Factories are handled as per O5.5.

It says "NON-FACTORY" building. So it has a roof even if not drawn that way. Strange, I know.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
What about this?:

It says "NON-FACTORY" building. So it has a roof even if not drawn that way. Strange, I know.
I think you are over-reading the rule. I think it means that *new* gutted buildings are only created in refit or by SSR. Anything with original gutted artwork is gutted from the start. I would not play the way you suggest: the artwork was done that way for a reason. There are plenty of factories without the gutted artwork [e.g. P46, T3, V3, I47), so I think whoever designed the map had a difference in mind. If you feel strongly that the gutted artwork on a factory is meaningless you might submit a Q&A.

JR

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you are over-reading the rule. I think it means that *new* gutted buildings are only created in refit or by SSR. Anything with original gutted artwork is gutted from the start. I would not play the way you suggest: the artwork was done that way for a reason. There are plenty of factories without the gutted artwork [e.g. P46, T3, V3, I47), so I think whoever designed the map had a difference in mind. If you feel strongly that the gutted artwork on a factory is meaningless you might submit a Q&A.

JR
I agree with you..I have an opponent that doesn't.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really do not understand MMP's thinking, VotG gets way way more play than Festung Budapest yet they reprint FB and wont reprint VotG a much better HASL IMHO. VotG needs a new map that's the major problem. Maybe an MMP stalwart could say something to them.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I really do not understand MMP's thinking, VotG gets way way more play than Festung Budapest yet they reprint FB and wont reprint VotG a much better HASL IMHO. VotG needs a new map that's the major problem. Maybe an MMP stalwart could say something to them.
I think they had some scrap pieces for FB that made re-printing it not as expensive as a full re-print. I don't think they would have done the recent run except that they had those scrap pieces.

JR