Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALBANY 2020 ASL and SK will be a VASL tournament in 2020
The dates are as originally planned:
Thursday December 3 to Sunday December 6
For those that register early up to the first two rounds could be played before these dates to lighten the load for the weekend.

Registration will be modified as per below:
Full ASL players...$20, with $15 applied to LIVE Tournament registration for 2021
SK players...$5, with no carryover

Paid 2020 Full ASL registrants...you will be registered for VASL 2020 AND LIVE 2021

Prizes as follows:
  • Main Full ASL tourney 1-4th place plaques
  • SK Tourney 1st place plaque
No raffle in 2020 but paid 2020 registrants will have 5 free raffle tickets for the LIVE 2021 tourney raffle

Please send registration by email to asl726@aol.com with a check made out to:
Joseph Leoce
39 Ashton Drive
Staten Island, NY 10312
Or via PayPal to this email address. Please indicate payment to “ friends and family” when using PayPal so that no fees are deducted.

Last edited:

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've had some questions regarding timing. We have players from around the world. Ideally, two matches would be completed before Friday (December 4). That should make for a doable schedule for the weekend. Worst case we have to finish a few matches after the weekend. This is meant to be fun, not overload people's schedules. I will do my best to accommodate schedules and time zones the best I can...
Steve

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I've had some questions regarding timing. We have players from around the world. Ideally, two matches would be completed before Friday (December 4). That should make for a doable schedule for the weekend. Worst case we have to finish a few matches after the weekend. This is meant to be fun, not overload people's schedules. I will do my best to accommodate schedules and time zones the best I can...
Steve
The advantage of a VASL tournament is the flexibility it offers the TD and participants. I'm sure you'll do a stellar job!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Steve I would like to know if you polish the silver platter you hand your opponent's asses to them on or is it polished by the friction of their posteriors?

Awesome record dude.

Last edited:

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IDTitleNotes
Round 1
AP154Mexico and Morocco
DB153Green ApplesIf Airdrop results in 2 or 3 missed initial target hexes the Allies can "mulligan" one of them. Also, for each missed initial drop point the Allied player can move a SW parachute from an elimination or offboard hex to an adjacent hex (even if still offboard).
DN10Finalye Onhaye
O8Crucifix Hill
YASLWhiteout
Round 2
DB152Second Try At Ch'amyon-ni
FT259Alcazar!Variable German reinforcements come on Turn 3 dr = 1-3; otherwise they enter on Turn 4
WO34Feast Day
Round 3
BoF13Totensonntag
DB157Morning MassacreFor the German AFV setup add "non-narrow" in front of "road hexes".
FT271The Lock of Colmar
Round 4
YASLBroe Bay Brouhaha
ROMA2Second Hand News
WO33One Eyed Jacques
Round 5
BFP35Mai Phu
ROMA4Mountain Marines
J?Panzerpioniere!
Round 6
YASLChances are Slim
DB012First Clash at Tunisia
ROMA1Eight Million Bayonets
Fighting for Seoul
S10Liberte Call
SmR5Fox on the Hill
SmR7Fighting Over the Finger
Short Round Option
BoF18Bidermann's Escape
DB156To the Neman
Q12Unfamiliar Land

Last edited:

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We will make them available at some point. Probably a Dropbox folder instead of a big PDF...

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
We will make them available at some point. Probably a Dropbox folder instead of a big PDF...
Hi Steve,

questions to rounds “fighting for Seoul“ and ”short round options”: are these scenarios optional in any round or how does this work?

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Steve,

questions to rounds “fighting for Seoul“ and ”short round options”: are these scenarios optional in any round or how does this work?
Players can always go off list if they like. Those are suggestions if players want to try "Fighting for Seoul" or play a shorter scenario. Sorry, I failed to spell that out in my post.
Thanks,
Steve

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will start matching players up this weekend. If you know someone on the fence you might want to give them a kick.

Scenarios will probably be made available tomorrow.
Cheers,
Steve

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I sent an important update via email yesterday. If you are signed up and didn't receive it, PM me here. I am starting to match up players for the first round.
Steve

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First round match ups are done, but there is still time to sign up. I have one player waiting for an opponent...
Steve