Username confusion

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Some of you may have noticed I have edited my username. Let me take a quick moment to explain why I did this.

There has been some confusion over exactly who I am. I originally went by the username of Panzertruppen. I was a staff member at the Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club for a long time. I was the "AAR guy" as well as the Combat Mission Ladder Custodian. I, along with Pete "Scipio" Zimmerman, started Warfare HQ. I was forced to change my username to Maddog after my email was tampered with and I received some hate mail from a few unbalanced individuals.

Since I changed my username I have been confused with Madmatt over at Battlefront, as well as the "other" Maddog who is a frequent visitor of the usegroups and newsgroups. I occasionally get email referring to things that I have never said or I have no idea what the person is talking about. It came to my attention the other day that apparently a lot of people are mistaking me for someone else. This situation is leading to a lot of misunderstandings and confusion.

I have decided to drop my username and use my real name. I will temporarily leave my username as part of my signature so I don't totally confuse the new members. After a short while it is my intention to drop it completely. That should eliminate the confusion altogether.

If anyone else is experiencing similar problems and wishes to change their profile(s), just contact us here at Warfare HQ and we will be happy to update your information. If you need your information for the forum updated, contact me directly as I am the only staff member who can do that.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for clearing that up.

Now I'll have to appologize and quit throwing things at that "maddog" over the fence! :whist:

Kerry :cheeky: