Use of the "Fortenberry" boards in VASL.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm trying to butt-end a Fortenberry board to a regular board on the short sides to make a long board in VASL but can't figure out how to do it. Anyone know?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
You'll need a placeholder board beneath it, it's one pixel high. NUL, I believe. NULV if that doesn't work. Basically it's a single pixel to trick the system.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You'll need a placeholder board beneath it, it's one pixel high. NUL, I believe. NULV if that doesn't work. Basically it's a single pixel to trick the system.

That does not do what I want to do. I wand to connect the two boards at the short ends. the Fortenberry board lie in VASL vertically while the regular boards lie horizontally. One of the boards would have to rotate to be able to connect them at the short ends.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
That does not do what I want to do. I wand to connect the two boards at the short ends. the Fortenberry board lie in VASL vertically while the regular boards lie horizontally. One of the boards would have to rotate to be able to connect them at the short ends.
Ah, sorry. If you want to rotate the board, that's impossible in VASL.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, sorry. If you want to rotate the board, that's impossible in VASL.
Sorry for being terse, I was kind of in a hurry. Thanks for the suggestion though. It appears what I want to do cannot be done so I'll have to find another way to replicate the terrain I want to do for a scenario.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Sorry for being terse, I was kind of in a hurry. Thanks for the suggestion though. It appears what I want to do cannot be done so I'll have to find another way to replicate the terrain I want to do for a scenario.
No worries, didn't think you were. Sorry for answering before I'd had enough coffee to read well. :)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I understand it, they'd have to be recreated at 90 degree rotation. So, easy enough, @Tuomo can have them all re-created next week I'm sure.
I saw the Entenmann's Signal in the sky and came as fast as I can!

Hmm. THIS is why you summoned me?

I'm a little surprised that nobody's thought of this before. But is it really necessary?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I saw the Entenmann's Signal in the sky and came as fast as I can!

Hmm. THIS is why you summoned me?

I'm a little surprised that nobody's thought of this before. But is it really necessary?
Uh, no? The point is, as I understand it, is that it's a major element of work to allow rotating boards. It's a desirable feature for a number of situations (Fred's is one of the less common ones), but I seem to recall it's actually really difficult. Thought you'd probably remember why better than I did.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I don't know why exactly, but I have faith that if RK thought it was either too hard or not worth doing, then that's correct. Or at least it was the right call at the time. Nowadays... Who knows? I ain't a code gnome.

Now, if you don't care about VASL reporting hexes correctly, it's easy to rotate boards and make new bd files out of them. I suspect LOS would not work, either.