Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I've seen some horrific tornado and flooding reports throughout the US Mid-West. Has anyone here been affected and how did you cope? While I hope none here have been hit, it seems so extensive that I would be surprised if none have been. Maybe I am getting a too dramatic picture, but from this side of the pond it looks absolutely dreadful.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've seen some horrific tornado and flooding reports throughout the US Mid-West. Has anyone here been affected and how did you cope? While I hope none here have been hit, it seems so extensive that I would be surprised if none have been. Maybe I am getting a too dramatic picture, but from this side of the pond it looks absolutely dreadful.
Darrel Anderson's (Suicide Creek designer) area was hit hard but I believe his place came through alright. I sure hope so anyway as he had recently purchased a beautiful place in Iowa City just prior to his Meat Fest last year there. Pretty sure he quite busy with the aftermath though.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We had a tornado touch down about 4 miles from my home. The wind was was screaming, I have never heard it that loud and for that long. My wife and I almost went to our basement but we did not (stupid). The next day, trees were down all around us but no one's home, around us, suffered any type of damage.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heavy winds damaged some electric lines and set a donut shop on fire, the wind spread sparks across the street and set a home on fire, both were totally destroyed. I slept through it about 6 miles away.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My aunt and her four sons live in the Dayton area. Two of my cousin's homes sustained pretty heavy damage. Everyone was OK thankfully. -- jim

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wednesday was a little iffy in the SE PA area. We were in a tornado warning - a second line came through before that line left with a wall of water and hail. The hail started small, but got to golf ball size. I have never seen the rain come down like it did, it blocked LOS for even short distances and while the heavy stuff lasted only about 10 minutes, i presume that in that time there were a couple of inches that fell. My son was out and said that even normal roads were flooded, nut just the normal flood areas.

However, despite some trees down all subsided. Thursday brought some heavy downpours, but the weather turned beautiful afterwards.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
So it seems what I picked up was not exaggerated. From what I have gathered you are just about to start hurricane season and have all that crap even without hurricanes. :eek:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
All I can say to that is ... Jeez!

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tornados to the north and south of us. But they missed. Lots of flooding though. More rain coming tonight.

Just more late spring/ early summer in the Midwest!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My aunt and her four sons live in the Dayton area. Two of my cousin's homes sustained pretty heavy damage. Everyone was OK thankfully. -- jim
that sucks. the homes i mean, glad everyone is unhurt.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's July 12 and there's still snow in the mountains to the west of Denver. Been a wet, wet, Spring. Haven't heard many stories about West Nile yet, but I imagine that's coming.