US Replenishment Ops.

Guus Flater

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
:laugh:Heya!:cool:

I have some platform request and some comments to [possible?] US replenishment Operations.

Example:

Nowadays USNS T-AOE do operate Puma or Cougar helicopters [I've pics in my library of that], but for this I stand with the US CH-46D Sea Knight....

This platform needs attention.....

It is now capable to carry in one load about 18 times 24 missiles. That is of course not realistic.

I would suggest to change possible loadouts for these replenishment helicopters. That perhaps means a database explosion for possible rep. load outs, but that is the consequenze of maintaining a database.

Looking at unrep pics learns me that the helicopters mostly carry 1-3 crates per turn.

It is worth to start a discussion about replenishment, since it is possible to implement these ops. into scenarios.

Comments are welcome!:bite: [that is of course meant in a friendly way]

Guus Flater

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
My input is on behalf of my experience as maintaining a supply center and as truckdriver.
I like to point out the logistical nightmare of supplying objects.
Within Harpoon environment we talk about oiling and ammo transfer from replenishment units [that can be an oiler, Ammunition ship, or a combination unit, such as the American T-AOE's. in fact all supporting units within the PDB].

You can calculate the storage capabilities for a ship regarding to its technical data [like length, beam, etc.]. This makes it possible to calculate the cargo possibilities.
Missiles are mostly transported/transfered in crates of 2-4 missiles, bombs, etc. can be various, but due to the weight of such a projectile you can calculate the amount of crates a helicopter can carry in one flight.

I miss these calculationss

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Most of the replenishment vessels already have a generic ammo supply for aircraft weapons. You can add however many weapons you like up to 10,000 per type i.e. AIM-9L Sidewinders. If there is a weapon missing, let me know and I'll see about adding it.

The VertRep loadouts for the helos are probably not such a good idea. There are some pretty bad consequences when trying to use VertRep for the transfer of weapons. For example, if a helicopter is transferring AMRAAM and an enemy target appears, that helo may just fire the weapon in ANW. In H3, there was the possibility of some control, but in ANW, the AI just does whatever it pleases. See:

H3ANW Auto-Defense Behavior

So, if you want an specific loadout for a specific helicopter, a special platform can be made so that you can make your scenario the way you like. However, I can't foresee making all VertRep loadouts for all the cargo helicopters in the PlayersDB.

Guus Flater

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
The VertRep loadouts for the helos are probably not such a good idea. There are some pretty bad consequences when trying to use VertRep for the transfer of weapons. For example, if a helicopter is transferring AMRAAM and an enemy target appears, that helo may just fire the weapon in ANW. In H3, there was the possibility of some control, but in ANW, the AI just does whatever it pleases. See:

H3ANW Auto-Defense Behavior
I would report such behaviour as a shortcoming of the game. Perhaps a good idea for the AGSI bunch to see if they can modelling the game in a way that cargo-units [such as vertrep helicopters] only are capable to transfer ammunition, but not capable to launch them.:D

Btw. Intersting article about the auto-defense behavior. I mostly turn on the "weapon free" function [keyboard "~" when I have to. I am familiar with too many situations in scn's that ships were firing their missiles to targets that are just within range and spoil them.

I have no specific platform requests right now, but was speaking in generally terms.
And last but not least....... Underway Replenishment is for me an interesting item within modern warfare. Harpoon is not complete without proper functioning Underway Replenishment. But that's of course my personal view. :D

Last edited: