US Olympic team uniforms scandal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don,

Because the "Campaigner-in-Chief" wants us to look like dorks.....
Well I don't think USA was anywhere near in contention for the gold medal for worst outfit of the parade, that had to be between us and the Swedes. Stella McCartney's ensemble was terrible and Sweden look like they forgot and picked something up from Next instead.

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What was the country with the Blue galoshes? What the heck were they dressed for?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What was the country with the Blue galoshes? What the heck were they dressed for?
I think that was the Czechs. They also had blue brollies, so I assume that the welly and brolly combination was taking the piss out of the British weather. So top marks to them!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well I don't think USA was anywhere near in contention for the gold medal for worst outfit of the parade, that had to be between us and the Swedes. Stella McCartney's ensemble was terrible and Sweden look like they forgot and picked something up from Next instead.
Ours looked like the population of Romford had won a scratch card and turned up.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From the mid 50's on the game resembled the game they play now.
Back when Canada did 'own' the sport, in the 20's, 30's and after the war they played with 7 people per side or only had a few teams in the whole tourneyment. Heck in 1932 there were only a total of 48 hockey players in the entire tournement.
IOW, the Canucks owned the sport when no body else wanted the sport. Now that the sport has some value they are a has been.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Personally, I hate hockey. But I do so look forward to our men's and women's eights scuttling the Yank and Limey crews on the water Wednesday and Thursday morning.
Hopefully the Yank and Limey rowers won't catch any crabs, or end up coxless!