US Olympic team uniforms scandal

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So it took you 40 years to catch up to the USA in the game you 'own'?
WTF are you talking about, Marty? Canada won 6 of the first 7 gold medals. You've only ever won two. Who was catching up to who?

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WTF are you talking about, Marty? Canada won 6 of the first 7 gold medals. You've only ever won two. Who was catching up to who?
In Mens hockey Canada and the USA have the same number of Gold medals since 1960. The USSR has 6 since then. Who 'owns' the sport?

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In Mens hockey Canada and the USA have the same number of Gold medals since 1960. The USSR has 6 since then. Who 'owns' the sport?
Why 1960? I can pick any arbitrary cutoff I like to make the stats come out the way I want them to. Between 1994 and 2006 Sweden won twice compared to 1 for everyone else, therefor Sweden is best, right?
Grand total and most recent winners. Ooooh yeah.:devil:

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why 1960? I can pick any arbitrary cutoff I like to make the stats come out the way I want them to.
From the mid 50's on the game resembled the game they play now.
Back when Canada did 'own' the sport, in the 20's, 30's and after the war they played with 7 people per side or only had a few teams in the whole tourneyment. Heck in 1932 there were only a total of 48 hockey players in the entire tournement.

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's funny is saying that ice hockey os the only sport that matters.

If my history is right, the summer games have been around longer than the winter games. The old school track and field events > ice hockey.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What's funny is saying that ice hockey os the only sport that matters.

If my history is right, the summer games have been around longer than the winter games. The old school track and field events > ice hockey.
By about 3000 years, yes.

Truly, all Olympic sports are equally valuable, which is to say, not at all. In fact, I'd say the cheap, reflexive nationalism and jingoism they inspire gives them negative value.
But trash talking on an internet forum is more valuable, because it is fun for me, and seeing Marty squirm for technicalities is pure gold.

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By about 3000 years, yes.

Truly, all Olympic sports are equally valuable, which is to say, not at all. In fact, I'd say the cheap, reflexive nationalism and jingoism they inspire gives them negative value.
But trash talking on an internet forum is more valuable, because it is fun for me, and seeing Marty squirm for technicalities is pure gold.
Agreed.

But I don't think you'd get the gold. Perhaps a bronze.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Of course if you opened it up and had baby eating, Canucks would win all 3 medals every year! :angry:

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Agreed.

But I don't think you'd get the gold. Perhaps a bronze.
Around here? I'm the Lichtenstein of trash talking. I'm lucky if they let me walk in the parade.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Of course if you opened it up and had baby eating, Canucks would win all 3 medals every year! :angry:
Not so quick, buddy. Atheists eat babies too, and they're *everywhere*.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why 1960? I can pick any arbitrary cutoff I like to make the stats come out the way I want them to.
Cleveland Browns fans prefer this method:

League Championships 8 - 1946 (AAFC), 1947 (AAFC), 1948 (AAFC), 1949 (AAFC), 1950 (NFL), 1954 (NFL), 1955 (NFL), 1956 (NFL), 1964 (NFL)

The Steelers haven't caught up to us yet.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Cleveland Browns fans prefer this method:

League Championships 8 - 1946 (AAFC), 1947 (AAFC), 1948 (AAFC), 1949 (AAFC), 1950 (NFL), 1954 (NFL), 1955 (NFL), 1956 (NFL), 1964 (NFL)

The Steelers haven't caught up to us yet.
They had a show on NFL Network today called Top 10 clutch QBs. The list:

10) Marino
9) Young
8) Starr
7) Graham
6) Stabler
5) Unitas
4) Staubach
3) Brady
2) Elway
1) Montana

I'm ok with the top 3 but Staubach better than Unitas (the master of the two minute drill, the guy that stared timing routes, the grandfather of what the modern day QB is based on)? Or Starr? Or Graham (went to the champ game in every year he played - IIRC he was 6-4 in them)? I like Stabler but in the top 10? Same for Young. Why no Favre on the list? He has the most 4th Q drives for a win in history. :(

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very bourgeois in appeareance...Looks like a cross pollination between Starship Trooper Uniforms and Commie Red invader gear from Red Dawn with more ocean colors .....Just needs a Hammer and Sickle Badge and you are all set !
I blame you guys from the "Ill" state, for letting BHO get started......

It would really look great if the Olympic team could all have "Party Badges" over their hearts with BHO's image on it.....