US Olympic team uniforms scandal

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First, these uniforms are crap. They look like garbage from some Euro reject project and everyone is laughing about them. Second, they're made in China.

So I have but one question: Why?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/sport/us-uniform-controversy/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
I am glad to see our most pressing issue of the day is where Ralph Lauren has their clothes made? IIRC, the Olympic team wore Polo in 2008 as well. Why is it an issue now? I wonder what some people don't want us talking about--like 8.2% unemployment, $15T in national debt or the largest tax increase in history about to take effect next year.

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am glad to see our most pressing issue of the day is where Ralph Lauren has their clothes made? IIRC, the Olympic team wore Polo in 2008 as well. Why is it an issue now? I wonder what some people don't want us talking about--like 8.2% unemployment, $15T in national debt or the largest tax increase in history about to take effect next year.
Dave, your problem is an inability to multitask. You need to be like me. I can b*tch about a multitude of things at once. :p

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First, these uniforms are crap. They look like garbage from some Euro reject project and everyone is laughing about them. Second, they're made in China.

So I have but one question: Why?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/sport/us-uniform-controversy/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Very bourgeois in appeareance...Looks like a cross pollination between Starship Trooper Uniforms and Commie Red invader gear from Red Dawn with more ocean colors .....Just needs a Hammer and Sickle Badge and you are all set !

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think Chinese-made clothes that look like they came from Walmart are strangely appropriate for the US in 2012.:bigfire:

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave, your problem is an inability to multitask. You need to be like me. I can b*tch about a multitude of things at once. :p

Someone rep this man for me. We're you enlisted in the Army at one point? If you ain't complaining, you ain't training? (and the related, if it ain't raining you ain't training?)

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Chinese-made clothes that look like they came from Walmart are strangely appropriate for the US in 2012.:bigfire:
True perhaps...OTOH, we will still out perform Canuckastan in almost every event.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The thing that chaps my a$$ is Harry Reid pitching a fit about it...here is a guy that has done everything possible to drive manufacturing out of the country...and then he pi$$es and moans because we can't find a clothing manufacturer in the states to supply uniforms.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The thing that chaps my a$$ is Harry Reid pitching a fit about it...here is a guy that has done everything possible to drive manufacturing out of the country...and then he pi$$es and moans because we can't find a clothing manufacturer in the states to supply uniforms.
He's another dirtbag and crook who shouldn't be able to hold office! :nada:

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm suprised Dirty Harry didn't want to make the uniforms solar powered and pay for them with a $20 million grant!

"Amonix closes North Las Vegas solar plant after 14 months, heavy federal subsidies"

"Reid in particular has pushed for solar energy research and development in Nevada, drawing parallels between the value of Nevada sunshine and Saudi Arabian oil."

http://www.lvrj.com/business/amonix-closes-north-las-vegas-solar-plant-after-14-months-heavy-federal-subsidies-162901626.html

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Almost. They've got us in curling at the Winter Games.
There are two Olympic sports that matter. Men's Hockey and Women's Hockey. And those are ours. You guys can keep all your swimming and ice dancing and shuffleboard medals.
Curling is fun, but it isn't a sport if you can play without putting down your beer.

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are two Olympic sports that matter. Men's Hockey and Women's Hockey. And those are ours. You guys can keep all your swimming and ice dancing and shuffleboard medals.
Curling is fun, but it isn't a sport if you can play without putting down your beer.
Makes me wonder about bowling.

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are two Olympic sports that matter. Men's Hockey and Women's Hockey. And those are ours.
Really? You've won the gold in Mens hockey twice since 1956, the same number of times as the USA has in that time frame.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really? You've won the gold in Mens hockey twice since 1956, the same number of times as the USA has in that time frame.
Bwwwwwaaaaaahahahaha!!!

Aiabx's sports facts are probably similar to his science facts!

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I wonder if he thinks they should even keep score. Fairness and all.
I'm sorry, who won both medals in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics? The most recent games? Was it the US? No?
Who's won 8 gold medals, compare to the Soviet Union's 7 and the US's 2? And another 3-1 for the women?
Then I guess we do possess the title.
But because I do believe in fairness, I will concede that you totally own us in synchronized swimming.
Would you like me to look up ice dancing scores so you can get a self-esteem star?

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sorry, who won both medals in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics? The most recent games? Was it the US? No?
Who's won 8 gold medals, compare to the Soviet Union's 7 and the US's 2? And another 3-1 for the women?
Then I guess we do possess the title.
But because I do believe in fairness, I will concede that you totally own us in synchronized swimming.
Would you like me to look up ice dancing scores so you can get a self-esteem star?
Was thinking rhythmic gymnastics or trampoline.