Urgent Help needed

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Anyone
Trying to get a game started on latest version of vasl and VASSal using deluxe maps. They all open as though it is dense jungle and I cannot change it. ETO and PTO looks the same with no gaps for bypass. PTO with light jungle crashes everything.

My opponent has the same problem.

Any work arounds?
Martin

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
Looks like the wrong versions of the board are on vasl so no work around until someone can put the correct versions up! I have emailed Tom Repetti. Is he the best person to ask about correcting this?
Martin

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just loaded map a and it is fine. What boards were you using? My version of board a was v6.5.

VASL.info is no longer being updated.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Had a quick look at the mdx file on vasl.info and the base gif in there is one with dense jungle. I don't have the board myself so cannot tell if this is right, but I assume it is not.
Your best bet is to see if you have an old old copy of the board somewhere and rename it so you can use it.

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
Just what kind of trouble? I cannot duplicate the issue your describe? I just fired it up and the bdm file in my boards folder shows a date stamp[ of today, which means VASL just down-loaded it just now.

I would try (in order)

• Go all the way out and re-start VASL and/or VASSAL:
  • Go to your board folder and delete the bdm (?I think?) file which will force a re-load on restarting VASL
Thank you. They would be great suggestions but it is the wrong board that vasl is downloading so I am going to have to wait for someone who can fix it. Thanks for taking the time though.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Deluxe M, from the physical board, looks like this

Edited: It seems to be an old problem. My bdmdx file reports as modified 13 June 2022. Opening it as a .zip file bdmdx.gif is dated 10 June 2022 and has the dense jungle imagery.

Deleting my bdmdx (actually, renaming it) and auto downloading the latest gives me an identical file.

Edited: @Jazz the problem is with board m DELUXE (mdx). It looks like you are looking at board m, not the deluxe board.

Last edited:

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just loaded bd mdx(delux board m) and I can clearly see that the board is not right. The physical board does not have the woods(jungle) right up to the hexsides. On VASL it clearly looks like someone has applied the dense jungle transformation. Hope someone can help the OP with this.

Rob

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As noted, the board file is working properly, but it appears to have an incorrect gif file. I have tried to contact Tom R who created the board and get a new image file. If so, I can pop out a new board version in 10-15 minutes.