Urbane bonage

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Urban Bone
Something for you to chew on while you wait for Market Garden to be released...

We have implemented a number of new and tweaked features to MG that are not necessarily urban specific, but may have more impact on urban fighting than it does on other aspects of the game. At least in some situations.

1. Crews of heavy weapons are now even more reluctant to use their sidearms than before. No more 500m potshots from mortar ammo bearers or the like!

2. The optimal SMG engagement range has been reduced across the board, but especially for the Thompson (which was incorrectly further out than it should have been). This means your SMG guys conserve their ammo better for when their weapons can really do some damage.

3. All types or rocket based AT weapons can be fired from within buildings given certain conditions and certain caveats. Those conditions and caveats are as you expect... the bigger the bang, the more confined the space, the more potential problems. Problems = suppression and/or injury.

4. Vehicles trying to engage targets at point blank range have their time to target increased. This helps the system better simulate the problems AFVs have in seeing/engaging targets that are almost literally on top of them. Like assaulting infantry, for example.

5. Similar to #4, vehicles that try to engage targets beyond their realistic elevation restrictions have further targeting delays. Yes, yes, yes... we know that this isn't the be-all-end-all solution to the forever (i.e. since 1999) problem of not explicitly simulating elevation restrictions. But at least there's now something whereas there wasn't anything other than whatever game variables happened to be in play (which usually solved the problem anyway). We had a very, very, very long discussion about this and it was decided that the new feature works pretty well and is certainly better than nothing. And nothing was the only other viable choice for us, so that's that

6. Vision blocks and periscopes have had their capacity for spotting knocked down a bit more, thus making it harder/slower to spot things than before.

As you can see, none of these things are urban specific but yet pretty likely to be noticeable in urban scenarios because many of these things are range related. Since urban battles tend to have closer engagement ranges, and more surprise spottings, it's probable you guys will notice these more there than in an open field battle.

And before anybody asks... these are "free" features that will be made available for patches to Normandy and Italy. Just wanted to get that out there before some idiot starts saying that Battlefront sucks because only people who buy Market Garden get these features. Not that saying this will stop an idiot from saying this. Just want to make it more embarrassing for him when he does

Steve

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I like most of this but wonder about the gun elevation tweak. It is a fudge of sorts but a good one possibly. I just wonder how they figure the 'beyond elevation limits'?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I suppose this is worth posting also...

Old 09-26-2013, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Note that by "idiot" I don't mean someone who is honestly unaware that for the last 7 years we've patched things like this for free. "Slow" or perhaps "not very observant" is a better term for such a person. I have no problem with such people. It's the ones who are generally on a warpath and keep doing what they can to spread disinformation to better their cause (which apparently isn't to make themselves look informed/smart).

Steve
I guess he is talking about a male since the idiot is referred to as 'he'.

'Slow' or 'Not very Timely' might describe the past performance. The NEW time frame of Patching/Packing is even more non-responsive. But, again, we have someone that talks about "patches and packs" as if they actually exist or have some sort of schedule. Pardon the idiots, Steve, they may actually live in a REAL world that demands such things from them. You, of course, hide and snipe from a secluded world. Must be nice.

So. Inform everyone. Use real facts and dates and data or what passes for smarts in the the netherwoods.

To really bring these simple issues down to a real world resolution; Can anyone at Battlefront, besides Steve, respond to anything new in regards to product without making a baboon's ass out of themselves?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Well, as far as I know, only Peng and Elvis have ever seen my likeness. But, in any case; Thank you. Yes. I am Beautiful. Men are lucky that they get better looking and distinguished with age. Unless your dalem. You then become a grotesque example of the smirking revenge of ageing. God does not like people like dalem. He told me. He makes them extra ugly.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Some news for Elvis...
Last year we had three including the Normandy Upgrade (which was a huge effort for us). This year looks like it will wind up being two releases. Next year looks to be a very busy release schedule. For sure 4 releases (very safe to say), probably 6, maybe 8. Part of that has to do with our new Pack strategy, part of it has to do with the fact that two Base Games are already extremely far along in development.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
They will need the rest of the year to fix problems with MG. Perhaps they should have titled it "Bridge over Buggy Orders"? I have seen 222 armored cars bashing away at the sides of the bridge, tangled traffic jams that look to be vehciles stopping and going into each other. A weird floating halftrack that shows its floating icons to be on the bridge, the graphic shows the halftrack floating somehwere under the bridge, its movement order is inexplicably under the bridge on the ground, and some other stuff that had me initially put off. I swear one armored car shot all the way to the end of the bridge w/o a movement order. Bridges are just places with weird physics.