Upgrade my SK to full ASL?

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all the Starter Kit stuff and I want to turn it into a travel kit for full ASL. Is there an upgrade path that isn’t just “get BV”?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Is there an upgrade path that isn’t just “get BV”?
The ASLSK counters are the same as the ASL counters and the maps are compatible, but...
  • you need the ASLRB & charts
  • you will need some counters (e.g. sniper) that don't exist in ASLSK
  • for many ASL scenarios you will need other counters & types of counters that don't exist in the ASLSK subset, e.g. open-topped vehicles, soft vehicles, etc
  • for most ASL scenarios you will need non-ASLSK maps
  • you will need ASL scenarios
There are third-party sets of counters. You could buy the maps individually. The base rules are available from MMP, but certain sections (e.g. Finns, Korean) I believe are available only in modules. Scenario packs for ASL should be easy to find as long as you aren't looking for a particular scenario. So you could go a fairly long way without purchasing any modules, but I don't see what you would gain by approaching the problem in that way.

JR

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think perhaps I was misunderstood. I have everything for ASL (maps, rules, scenarios, etc.). Just looking for a way to “convert” my Starter Kit stuff to full ASL. I probably only need concealment, sniper, and other informational counters not included in SK to play the full game. I’m aware that certain TPP produce counters and sometimes MMP also has stuff available, but was just wondering what others had done. Thanks very much for the advice.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
If you have everything then you have BV, Yanks, WOA/FKaC, Part, Para, HL, AOO, DB and HP so I don’t understand what your getting at.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You simply can put all your SK units with your full ASL mix.
For the markers, there are some differences (different front/back) for some.
You then can play either SK or full ASL scenarios with your same counter trays.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you have everything then you have BV, Yanks, WOA/FKaC, Part, Para, HL, AOO, DB and HP so I don’t understand what your getting at.
I think what I am trying to do is have my SK stuff act as a travel kit that is relatively small and portable for when I go to a friend’s house and keep that separate from my BV and other modules. It sounds like this is either not easy or cost effective, so perhaps I will abandon the effort.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Probably not cost effective. SK markers don't make a complete ASL set of markers, so you'd need to include part of the ASL marker mix; and you'd have to check for each scenario, whether the units you get from the SK sets are enough for what you want to play.

What you can do is either keep the SK sets separate, in case you need to play some "SK only" games; or, use them as spares. The unit counters are fully compatible; the markers sometimes have different reverse sides so may be confusing sometimes, but they're otherwise compatible.