updates on BFP

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
what's new with Bounding fire? Haven't seen much activity on their section new products?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
what's new with Bounding fire? Haven't seen much activity on their section new products?
They have a lot 'incoming'...

Operation Neptune (British crossing of the Seine, August '44).
Mannerheim Cross
Recon by Fire 5
Sangshak

Lots of playtesting going down right now. I think Op Neptune is the next release followed I think by MC.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I played one of the MC playtest scenarios against Brian Martuzas at ASLOK, Ben waiting for this pack to come out .

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Excuse my ignorance but what is Mannerheim Cross about?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know that it was not on your list but do you have anything on the Peleliu project?

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
ASLSarge will have to provide a current update on Peleliu.

Operation Neptune should be up for preorder in the relatively near future.
I might splash out on that!! Bounding fire iare mighty fine games

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASLSarge will have to provide a current update on Peleliu.

Operation Neptune should be up for preorder in the relatively near future.
Okay, thanks.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know that it was not on your list but do you have anything on the Peleliu project?
I haven't been on the forums much lately....busy play testing three other projects, and working with Perry and friends getting the fine tuning details of the Manila HASL done so it can get to print.

re: Peleliu - I can only provide an update on the status of the components.....when it gets published is up to Chas and Rick...they have the final say.

The three Campaign Games are done. The 31 (IIRC) scenarios are done. Rick still needs to finish up the final print map. Player aids still need to be designed and worked up. Counters still need to be laid out and proofed prior to printing. The last I heard from the LT. Colonel was that once "Operation Neptune" is out the door, we will concentrate on getting Peleliu ready to go to print....but that word came down a few months ago and I do not know if Chas' plans have changed or not. This one has been on the works now since 2005 so it is definitely due. As Rick stated once before, this one if big and it could very well be our first "boxed" game. I know another game publisher recently released a game (not ASL) on Peleliu, very similar to the one CH did on "White Beach One" as far as scope. Our project will cover all five landing beaches, the battle for the central highlands, and some geo board scenz that take place off the HASL map.....including actions of Anguar Island and Ngesbus Island (that one features Sledge's famous "Japs in a pillbox" scenario from the HBO series, "The Pacific". It will be worth the short wait, I promise.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't been on the forums much lately....busy play testing three other projects, and working with Perry and friends getting the fine tuning details of the Manila HASL done so it can get to print.

re: Peleliu - I can only provide an update on the status of the components.....when it gets published is up to Chas and Rick...they have the final say.

The three Campaign Games are done. The 31 (IIRC) scenarios are done. Rick still needs to finish up the final print map. Player aids still need to be designed and worked up. Counters still need to be laid out and proofed prior to printing. The last I heard from the LT. Colonel was that once "Operation Neptune" is out the door, we will concentrate on getting Peleliu ready to go to print....but that word came down a few months ago and I do not know if Chas' plans have changed or not. This one has been on the works now since 2005 so it is definitely due. As Rick stated once before, this one if big and it could very well be our first "boxed" game. I know another game publisher recently released a game (not ASL) on Peleliu, very similar to the one CH did on "White Beach One" as far as scope. Our project will cover all five landing beaches, the battle for the central highlands, and some geo board scenz that take place off the HASL map.....including actions of Anguar Island and Ngesbus Island (that one features Sledge's famous "Japs in a pillbox" scenario from the HBO series, "The Pacific". It will be worth the short wait, I promise.
Sounds good. I cannot wait for this one!

wlee123

Reaction score
First name
Woody
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 19271Fantastic! That is a work of art Rick! I can't wait for this one. Glad to see it is nearing publishing. - Woody
So Rick has finished the production print map. Sorry for the resolution but that's the only way I could get the size small enough to upload. Overall size is 37.5"x70".

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Landing beaches and a runway! Everytime I see this map I'm just waiting for the cardboard bloodshed to begin! 🤩