Updates in progress

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
You may see some strange looking text and graphics on the main Warfare HQ webpage for the next few hours. There are some updates going on so bear with me.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally posted by Don Maddox
You may see some strange looking text and graphics on the main Warfare HQ webpage for the next few hours. There are some updates going on so bear with me.
I like the blue in the main page. Nice.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I also have to laugh... Scipio was just saying in the staff forum something along the lines of 'Don will be back soon. Say goodbye to our forum colors'...

:laugh:

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mantis
I also have to laugh... Scipio was just saying in the staff forum something along the lines of 'Don will be back soon. Say goodbye to our forum colors'...

:laugh:
Well...you know...after spending all that time in the desert, there will be a definite purging of anything brown, or tan, from the forums. Hell...I half expect Don to go all Day-glo on us...:p

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of changes, the default discussion forum now matches the rest of Warfare HQ. If you find this new color scheme too dark for your tastes, there are several alternates available. To change the color scheme of the forum:

1. Click on the "User CP" button at the top of the forum.
2. Click on "Edit Options."
3. Select the appropriate "Style Set" at the bottom of the page.

No matter what your tastes are, or your video and monitor settings, one of the style sets should work for you. Enjoy.

By the way, our discussion forum will be getting an update in the not-too-distant future. vBulletin is in the final stages of testing their new VB3 software. I could upgrade the forum now, but there are still some bugs to be worked out so I'll wait a bit longer. The new forum software will bring a host of changes and enhancements including:

1. Three different ways to view the forum: The way we view it now, a threaded view, and a hybrid option.
2. User selected "groups."
3. A quick reply feature.

There is also a lot more. To see a working version of the software visit the vBulletin forums to see for yourself. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Re: Re: Updates in progress

Originally posted by Mantis

I like the blue in the main page. Nice.
Gives it that contemporary look. Kinda makes me want to go out and play a "modern" scenario. :D

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Don, maybe it is a good test for our night vision abilities, but the default setting of grey (or dark grey?) was really kinda hard for a geek like me ... ;p ... So I tried to select different styles in the profile and right now settled with the high contrast green scheme. It gives me clear view, however in terms of visual pleasure, I still think the old one (the default setting before this change) was better ---- is there anyway to add that to the style list? many thanks... :)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also went and changed to the green scheme.

I'd like to see a camo pattern, this a military website! :D

Kerry :cheeky:

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Don

I love the blue but I found the background too dark, is it black ?

this is my opinion, it counts for itself only

Der Wanderblue

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Okay, how's that?
To be honnest the blue were okay inly the black background was "bad" I don't know what are your choices but a navy blu as backgroud could be nice.

This one is IMHO to agressive . But I don't want to play l'emmerdeur could be translated as chit man.

But we lost our helmet, I lost my helmet and a bullet may searching for my poor heas where is my hellmmmm:dead:

ROLFMT ( If I remember well)

Der WanderCriticOfArt

Kraut2

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've also changed my settings back to the green style so I can't comment on Don's color changes.

:p

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Okay, how's that?
Cool! I like this one, esp. the HQ logo looks sharp --- give me a feeling of spaceship ;p