I hope you get lot better soon.
Best wishes from Spain.
Miguel.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
When I left at around ten this morning Phil Palmer & Bret Hildebran were playing the championship.

JR

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
On FaceBook, I saw that Bret won, Phil placed second and three people tied for third.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fort, just checking this thread out now. Holy Sh*t. Get well fast buddy.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You realize, Gary that some good old fashioned Tex Mex or Texas BBQ will take care of whatever ails you.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks all for the well wishes.
I had a meeting with a committee from Virginia Tech Saturday morning. I was reading a bit and out of the blue I lost hearing in my right ear and the left side of my face started tingling then went numb. I thought it must be a stroke, but I had no other symptoms. I called my hospital and they told me to get to the emergency room or they would send an ambulance. I drove myself to a nearby clinic, but they didn't have the facilities to do the tests the doctor on call wanted to do so they called an ambulance and I was taken to the hospital. At the hospital they did an EKG, a Cat scan and two MRIs, one without contrast and one with. They found nothing wrong. The doctor said I had as healthy a heart as anyone they've seen of my age...so I have that going for me. But, was concerned that they could find nothing except a cyst near the part of the brain where senses are controlled. I'm headed to a neurologist on Monday, then a optolarygologist...or something like that right after.
Sorry I missed WO...again...I hope the scenarios I sent to Perry were able to see play.

G.

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All the best, Gary.
Saw a lot of play test scenarios played - I did two of them. There was a "Play test mini" of scenarios from the Hatten module. It looked like the typical WO crowd, lots of familiar faces. Left mid-afternoon on Saturday and I ended up 1-1 in published scenarios, 0-2 in the play tests. The play-tests were with Phil Palmer and The Doctor, Andy Hershey, and I also had games with Ross Zarzecki and John Dober. All fine fellows to roll dice at.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a meeting with a committee from Virginia Tech Saturday morning. I was reading a bit and out of the blue I lost hearing in my right ear and the left side of my face started tingling then went numb. I thought it must be a stroke, but I had no other symptoms. I called my hospital and they told me to get to the emergency room or they would send an ambulance. I drove myself to a nearby clinic, but they didn't have the facilities to do the tests the doctor on call wanted to do so they called an ambulance and I was taken to the hospital. At the hospital they did an EKG, a Cat scan and two MRIs, one without contrast and one with. They found nothing wrong. The doctor said I had as healthy a heart as anyone they've seen of my age...so I have that going for me. But, was concerned that they could find nothing except a cyst near the part of the brain where senses are controlled. I'm headed to a neurologist on Monday, then a optolarygologist...or something like that right after.
Sorry I missed WO...again...I hope the scenarios I sent to Perry were able to see play.

G.
I don't know you and I'm new around here, but I recognize your name as somebody that has contributed greatly to this hobby and I just wanted to say all the best wishes for you and your family and get well soon. J

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All the best, Gary.