Updates from Winter Offensive

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I missed WO...again...I hope the scenarios I sent to Perry were able to see play.
Without Gary Fortenberry there to shepherd things, we did not run a Burma mini on his new boards, but the boards were on display and several playtests games went down (thanks Kevin Meyer) for me to report to Gary.

More details at the WO 17 post under Announcements and Events.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
My wishes for a good recovery/diagnosis and seeing you again at a future ASL venue. "Don't mess with Texas" comes to mind.

Last edited:

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Thanks all for the well wishes.
I had a meeting with a committee from Virginia Tech Saturday morning. I was reading a bit and out of the blue I lost hearing in my right ear and the left side of my face started tingling then went numb. I thought it must be a stroke, but I had no other symptoms. I called my hospital and they told me to get to the emergency room or they would send an ambulance. I drove myself to a nearby clinic, but they didn't have the facilities to do the tests the doctor on call wanted to do so they called an ambulance and I was taken to the hospital. At the hospital they did an EKG, a Cat scan and two MRIs, one without contrast and one with. They found nothing wrong. The doctor said I had as healthy a heart as anyone they've seen of my age...so I have that going for me. But, was concerned that they could find nothing except a cyst near the part of the brain where senses are controlled. I'm headed to a neurologist on Monday, then a optolarygologist...or something like that right after.
Sorry I missed WO...again...I hope the scenarios I sent to Perry were able to see play.

G.

Holy shit! Way late to this thread. I hope all is well and you are back on your feet!

Peace

Roger