updated official scenario list

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
That's an awesome list, thank you!

When there are multiple versions of the same scenario, is there something in the file that says whether the scenario has been modified?
Glad you like it. There is no explicit indication when a reprint includes an update of the scenario content, but sometimes it is apparent from a difference in turn length, or a change to the map board. You'd have to pull both to be sure, but the latest release is always listed last.

Keep watching this space for additions with every new product release.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad you like it. There is no explicit indication when a reprint includes an update of the scenario content, but sometimes it is apparent from a difference in turn length, or a change to the map board. You'd have to pull both to be sure, but the latest release is always listed last.

Keep watching this space for additions with every new product release.
I had made up a similar compilation and to denote the former scenario (if one had been updated), I simply listed that one in Red print. Note this is not the case if the former scenario had been brought forward without an update but simply reprinted or re-released with a different scenario number. Simple but expedient, just food for thought. BTW, thanks to the both of you for the work & presentation.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Well, folks, the count is now one short of 1100. The Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #9 and Forgotten War scenarios have been logged - there are now 1099 official scenario titles, 122 of which have been reprinted over the years. Download the new Excel file here.

Besides these new entries, the other major change I've made since the last release is to identify the Chapter E rules needed for play by using their section numbers, not an abbreviation of my own creation. Working back to update all entries is going to take a long time, so the codes tab will remain in the sheet for a while.

Thinking about adding a new column for the scenario designer names, but as that would be a very large undertaking I'm going to carefully consider the payoff before making that investment.

Hope the new file is useful!

Cheers!

- G

P.S. Don't forget that if Paul Dutram hadn't created his Master List, this list would not exist. Thank the man.

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If you do add designer names, be aware that some scenarios list multiple designers. l think I also saw one or two that list corporate entities like "Multi-man publishing."

JR

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Folks, the second half of last year brought us an HASL, a house magazine and another combined second edition module beefed-up with out-of-print titles. All of these scenarios - new, updated and reprinted - have been entered into the latest version of the official list, which you can download here. Just in time, as the Winter Offensive Bonus Pack 10 (2019) and Red Factories will be arriving any day. Numerous corrections and amendments are added, including the somehow previously omitted "Sylvan Death." We now stand at 1265 scenarios under 1111 titles. Hoo-rah.

Don't forget to "like" Paul Dutram when you next see he him. He started all this.

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Friends, at long last an update.

After over a year's removal from most ASL activity all the new products that accumulated on the shelf have finally been catalogued. The new list attached here adds titles included in the following products:
  • Winter Offensive Bonus Pack 10
  • Red Factories
  • Special Operations #9
  • ASL Starter Kit 4
  • Deluxe ASL
  • Action Pack 14
  • Winter Offensive Bonus Pack 11
  • Croix de Guerre, 2nd edition (feat. Dinant)
  • ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack 2
On top of this there has been considerable re-formatting and filling-in of missing data from older titles. Taken together, there are now 1424 scenario and CGs published under 1170 titles. Quite a leap, and quite a lot more to choose from. Download the new Excel file here.

Never forget that this format is based on Paul Dutram's earlier work so make sure he gets his due.

Cheers!

- G