Update to the forums

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Ladies, as you've no doubt noticed we have made a few additional changes to the forum. These changes include the following:

1. New style sets. The style sets have been updated with crisper colors and slightly different graphics. There are currently six different forum styles to choose from.
  • Default (Blue)
  • Smooth orange
  • Green
  • Dark Green
  • Gray
  • Tan
  • High Contrast
High contrast is a very bright and easy-on-the-eyes color scheme. It should work in almost any browser at most resolutions. it also uses a slightly larger front than the normal setting, so this should make it a good choice for those of you with poor eyesight.

You can change your forum style by going into your User CP and then editing your options. You should see a dropdown menu for it at the bottom of the Options page.

2. Flag Change. We've changed the way the flags are handled by the forum software. You no longer need to go through the complicated steps of choosing the proper using group and then setting up the display code. To choose your flag, simply go to your User CP and edit your profile. You can select the flag of your choice from the dropdown menu and it will display automatically as soon as you save.

Also, there are now almost twice as many flags as before so nearly everyone should be able to find their national colors in there somewhere.

3. Ranks. We've brought back the user ranks by popular demand. For those that don't know, these are based off your total post count.

4. Promotions. Senior members who have been promoted into the Officer ranks will now have access to a private forum for officer's and staff only. They earned it.

5. Restructuring. The structure of the forums has been slightly altered in order to allow us to complete a future project. More than that will follow at a later date.

In addition, some users are not aware that there are three ways in which to view the forum. Linear, hybrid and threaded. Linear is the default setting. Threaded mode allows you to view the entire forum as a threaded list. Try the different settings and see which one you find the most useful.

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
New colours

Excellent job. Very nice on the eyes. Thanks.

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Don Maddox said:
Ladies, as you've no doubt noticed we have made a few additional changes to the forum. These changes include the following:

1. New style sets. The style sets have been updated with crisper colors and slightly different graphics. There are currently six different forum styles to choose from.
  • Default (Blue)
  • Smooth orange
  • Green
  • Dark Green
  • Gray
  • Tan
  • High Contrast
High contrast is a very bright and easy-on-the-eyes color scheme. It should work in almost any browser at most resolutions. it also uses a slightly larger front than the normal setting, so this should make it a good choice for those of you with poor eyesight.

You can change your forum style by going into your User CP and then editing your options. You should see a dropdown menu for it at the bottom of the Options page.

2. Flag Change. We've changed the way the flags are handled by the forum software. You no longer need to go through the complicated steps of choosing the proper using group and then setting up the display code. To choose your flag, simply go to your User CP and edit your profile. You can select the flag of your choice from the dropdown menu and it will display automatically as soon as you save.

Also, there are now almost twice as many flags as before so nearly everyone should be able to find their national colors in there somewhere.

3. Ranks. We've brought back the user ranks by popular demand. For those that don't know, these are based off your total post count.

4. Promotions. Senior members who have been promoted into the Officer ranks will now have access to a private forum for officer's and staff only. They earned it.

5. Restructuring. The structure of the forums has been slightly altered in order to allow us to complete a future project. More than that will follow at a later date.

6. SNAFU's. Now all forum members will have access to multi player campaign 'secure' areas to add that added touch of total infiltration by enemy spies. This allows the computer wargamer to experience wargaming like it used to be in the open on maps where all the enemies movement can be seen by the omnipresent eye!

In addition, some users are not aware that there are three ways in which to view the forum. Linear, hybrid and threaded. Linear is the default setting. Threaded mode allows you to view the entire forum as a threaded list. Try the different settings and see which one you find the most useful.
I particularly like item 6.
:halo:

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Don I take it from that, when I get to 2nd Lieutenant that I can access this officers forum? or do I need to go higher still?

Hmmm perhaps im not classed as senior though.... doh :(

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
switch_back said:
Don I take it from that, when I get to 2nd Lieutenant that I can access this officers forum? or do I need to go higher still?

Hmmm perhaps im not classed as senior though.... doh :(
Plus 3 months of etiquete training.

I heard once that in WW1 the british, needing officers, began promoting men from the ranks, they received something like 3 months of training in how to use cutlery at the officers table etc and about 2 weeks training for combat as an officer. :nuts:

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Temujin said:
Plus 3 months of etiquete training.

I heard once that in WW1 the british, needing officers, began promoting men from the ranks, they received something like 3 months of training in how to use cutlery at the officers table etc and about 2 weeks training for combat as an officer. :nuts:
Holy cow thats harsh!!! :crosseye: what was more important learning how not to die, or learning how to eat your final dinner??

I think they got that a bit muddled somehow.

So in this case I need three months training in post etiquete, who's the instructor? :devious:

( just edited this post, I wrote "you" by accident, making it look like I was referring to Temujin, which of course I wasnt, sorry mate ;) )

Last edited:

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Don, I realise that was a pretty dumb question now, but I just wanted to be sure, not sure if I classed as senior or not at this level ;)

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Don Maddox said:

Don is it possible to request another flag this is not in the menu. Im an American citizen:flag: but I was born in Kenya and I've always like that flag but I thought it would be neat fly a flag from Africa since I don't know of anyone else who is from Africa on this forum.:crosseye:

Thanks in advance, SoccerDJ

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
SoccerDJ said:
Don is it possible to request another flag this is not in the menu. Im an American citizen but I was born in Kenya and I've always like that flag but I thought it would be neat fly a flag from Africa since I don't know of anyone else who is from Africa on this forum.
I just added 15 new flags to the list. Kenya was one of them.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Don Maddox said:
I just added 15 new flags to the list. Kenya was one of them.
Well, nice job on the forum...

Could we get the flag of the GDR just for sentimental reasons?