Update on Panzer Blitz?

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Posting after I did here, as he's made a point of doing elsewhere, is the internet equivilent of firing across my bow. Nuance.
I see. So the fact that it was almost a full day after you posted that he came along and made a comment, which was by the way totally on-topic and had nothing to do with lecturing you [edit: which, I'll point out the obvious, is more than can be said for this one!], has no effect on the above... :hmmm:

So just how long is the window during which, after 'Ol Fezziwig posts in a topic, Michael Dorosh is not allowed to come along and happen to be the next poster without being considered to be chasing you around the forum? What are the formal parameters of the "Michael Dorosh Exclusion Zone"? :p

John

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I see. So the fact that it was almost a full day after you posted that he came along and made a comment, which was by the way totally on-topic and had nothing to do with lecturing you [edit: which, I'll point out the obvious, is more than can be said for this one!], has no effect on the above... :hmmm:

So just how long is the window during which, after 'Ol Fezziwig posts in a topic, Michael Dorosh is not allowed to come along and happen to be the next poster without being considered to be chasing you around the forum? What are the formal parameters of the "Michael Dorosh Exclusion Zone"? :p

John
Although, to tell the truth, I still prefer MacGowan's stark line art a bit more than the current style - which isn't to say this is unattractive.

I guess we'll see how the game itself plays out. :D I don't like that the depictions on the counters were out of scale to each other - didn't notice til a friend pointed it out to me, but once he did, it kind of started gnawing at me.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although, to tell the truth, I still prefer MacGowan's stark line art a bit more than the current style - which isn't to say this is unattractive.
Went back and looked again, and I see what you mean -- and I think I agree.

I guess we'll see how the game itself plays out. :D I don't like that the depictions on the counters were out of scale to each other - didn't notice til a friend pointed it out to me, but once he did, it kind of started gnawing at me.
Some of my gaming buddies have been involved in the playtesting, for years now, off and on. Sitting on the sidelines of that process has made me skeptical about the whole game.

But, it may just be like sausage-making; sometimes you're better off seeing the finished product without witnessing the process that made it. :D

One word of advice, don't ever go into the kitchen of a restaurant that you like. You may not like it much afterward...

John

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Went back and looked again, and I see what you mean -- and I think I agree.

Some of my gaming buddies have been involved in the playtesting, for years now, off and on. Sitting on the sidelines of that process has made me skeptical about the whole game.

But, it may just be like sausage-making; sometimes you're better off seeing the finished product without witnessing the process that made it. :D

One word of advice, don't ever go into the kitchen of a restaurant that you like. You may not like it much afterward...

John
I've been watching my own cooking for years - trust me, my first advice to any dinner guests is - dont try to help, in fact, don't even look into the kitchen. Just go watch TV til I ring the bell. The less you know about what goes on in here - the better...in fact, if I could prepare dinner for myself without myself having to know the true story behind how it was done and under what conditions, I'd be grateful...

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been watching my own cooking for years - trust me, my first advice to any dinner guests is - dont try to help, in fact, don't even look into the kitchen. Just go watch TV til I ring the bell. The less you know about what goes on in here - the better...in fact, if I could prepare dinner for myself without myself having to know the true story behind how it was done and under what conditions, I'd be grateful...
I... see. :crosseye:

{Note to self: Never accept dinner invitation from Michael Dorosh.}

I'm happy to say that I suddenly feel a whole lot better about my cooking skills. :hurray:

John

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, if they do make an update, I hope they keep the rule that forces all attacking units to disclose their targets before any attacks begin. I wish more games would impliment that rule. It makes the decision to attack more realistic, and it leads to quicker play too. What I like best about it is that you can't minimize firepower to achive the best odds at winning more than one attack in a single turn.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I hope they keep the rule that forces all attacking units to disclose their targets before any attacks begin.
I think that predesignation was limited to the attack of one stack. I don't remember (NRBH) that one had to globally predesignate all the attacks in advance.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks like we'll be seeing this one right after Up Front 2000's release. :laugh:

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Moving into 2009, any news ?
PB was my first love, so I really would like to see this being released :cheeky:

MAKing

Reaction score
This game was my Favorite before Squad Leader, And still one of my the best games for larger scale battles.

Geoff White

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
It sees to have disappeared from pre-order on MMP's site, so is it shipping?

G

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

My copies arrived yesterday. Game looks great, usual high quality components from MMP. Mini review follows.

MAP: Good looking map showing the terrain around Hill 112, looks like glossy paper, I would think best under Plexiglas if you have it? Charts, etc in corner, brown back ground for the chart section. Probably not the best color to use, but not a deal breaker.

COUNTERS: Very nice multi colored counters with lots of info on them. Seem both practical for the game and esthetically pleasing.

RULES/CHARTS: Seem practical after a quick review of them, again usual quality material and layout from MMP. (Some Errata is included on a small piece of paper)

BOX/DICE: Look nice, standard issue from MMP

Regards
Joe

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
:yummy::yummy::yummy:

Where is my copy !!! Man, this is probably my most anticipated game. Panzerblitz was my first real wargame...:love:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Looks like we'll be seeing this one right after Up Front 2000's release. :laugh:
Wrong wrong wrong !
As usual your expertise about MMP's business is wrong.:p
At least you now have one less reason to bash MMP...:D