Update on CH Korean module?

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Toktong, Korea module is still in playtesting. It won't be out until sometime after the new year.

Edvard

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Jeez! Still in playtesting? So which New Year are we talking about?

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, we're rolling the dice as fast as we can! ;)

We're doing two or three modules at once... we'll get there. :)
With the holidays, things are slowing down for the next two weeks. I believe things will pick up in early January.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Somebody is *****ing that folks are playtesting????
Yeah, how ironic! The other half of the time they're complaining that they don't playtest enough.

I hear that Dave and Fred have been going at it against each other lately. How's that workin' out for you Fred? :D

Edvard

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Oh dear,

I'd better try and explain myself, otherwise Chas and the Pitman will have me down as suggesting it's OK to publish unbalanced unplaytested scenarios.

When I said "Jeez! Still in playtesting?" I was referring to the fact that the game had been put up for pre-order months ago, and by the looks of it, hadn't even been playtested yet. In fact, it's not even pre-order, it's order, because those who ordered it payed for it up front, myself included.

Fred, by all means, playtest away. My last few ASL games have also been playtesting completely unbalanced scenarios, in fact, I haven't had a balanced game yet this autumn, and I know how frustrating it can be. So in the interests of CH finally publishing a great module, take your time man!

There, are you satisfied Chas?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I said "Jeez! Still in playtesting?" I was referring to the fact that the game had been put up for pre-order months ago, and by the looks of it, hadn't even been playtested yet. In fact, it's not even pre-order, it's order, because those who ordered it payed for it up front, myself included.
It cracks me up how many people there are in this game who haven't figured out that getting this stuff even remotely clean, balanced and finished takes a lot of time.

If you're impatient about how quickly you will get your product then maybe that's a question you should have asked CH before handing over your hard-earned Euros. If they don't follow through on their promise then in the future you can vote with your wallet by not giving them your money at all. Of course that never happens in ASL because we will buy anything.

MMP doesn't even take people's money up front and yet the volume of whining about how long something takes to go from pre-order to production is deafening.

Fred, by all means, playtest away. My last few ASL games have also been playtesting completely unbalanced scenarios, in fact, I haven't had a balanced game yet this autumn, and I know how frustrating it can be. So in the interests of CH finally publishing a great module, take your time man!
...which is exactly the opposite of what your first post implies.

There, are you satisfied Chas?
Dude, I'm married ;)

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hear that Dave and Fred have been going at it against each other lately. How's that workin' out for you Fred?
Dave has managed to roll very precisely when he needs it. I think Lucky Laplante morphed into Dave's body.

Actually we have played two really good scenarios for the Oosterbeek ASL version and before that played out one of the larger Toktong scenarios and tweaked it well.

We will meet again this thursday night but dave has to play with one hand tied behind his bacxk.

Custersluck13

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Fred...Im new here..in fact, this is my first post...but I see your from New Baltimore??? What a suprise! I grew up there..went to ABHS and all! I live in Madison Hts now....drop me a line! Leigh

R.S. Barker

0-52 baby!
Reaction score
<-----almost believes that Chas has a small utility program that cycles his Avatar on a whim...:halo: :hail:

If he does, I need to find it so I can cycle all my Aimee Sweet's and Angelina Jolie's... :toilet:

... although, my generic avatar has a certain simplicity. :D

Cheers,

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CH playtest schedule

Does Dave Lamb or any of the other CH guys have an update on the Korean module?

Gunner
Just to forestall any more private messages/emails, the ASL-comp. version of Toktong has been delayed by Oosterbeek playtesting, but when it resumes we should complete it in a timely manner. I would expect Toktong should be wrapped up by the end of February or early March.

I expect Oosterbeek and Nikotovka to be completed by early/mid-February, with thanks to all of those volunteers who've helped playtest each of these. I'll update this as we get closer to completion.

Dave