Update from Brian Youse in CSW MMP folder

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
Posted May 1, 2008 1:02 pm (#58053 Total: 58061)

We are shipping South Mountain, we are almost half done.

We have everything in for WofG except the rulebooks which are due in tomorrow or Monday. This will ship next.

We have the boards in for AP#4-Normandy (came in today), the remaining AP#4-Normandy content will arrive next Thursday (already scheduled). This ships after WofG.

Then we do Burma since everything has been approved. The counters are already in our warehouse. Tomorrow I call the printer and say run with Burma stuff.

Next countersheet printrun is for Rock of the Marne, A Victory Lost reprint, and the sheets for Operations Special Issue #1.

My guess is that we'll have AVL and Ops SI#1 by WBC, i'm not sure about RotM. Everything else prior to that should be out by WBC.

I hope we're not missing anything.

Following all that we're going to either resolve our storage issue for the mapset or just do Doomed Battalions with the boards it needs coming out of the mapset, I haven't decided yet.

No word on the J2 reprint or BRTGG.

I'm a little confused on the comments re the map storage issue. If this isn't resolved, does that mean that the Map Bundle is KIA and boards will only be printed on an "as needs" basis for reprints/new releases?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm a little confused on the comments re the map storage issue. If this isn't resolved, does that mean that the Map Bundle is KIA and boards will only be printed on an "as needs" basis for reprints/new releases?
That would be, like, a real bummer, dude. :OHNO:

Alan

ctb123

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian posted on CSW that the J2 reprint is waiting for an ASL counter sheet run. He also posted that ASLSK#1 is going up for a 3rd reprint. I don't think they are looking to cancel the map pack. He just said he might need to rob some maps from it to get Doomed Battalions out the door. I think it is just figuring out where everything can stage before it heads out the door or gets stored longer term.

Last edited:

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
A banner year for MMP for sure!

One question: does anyone know if the maps will be available as singles once the bundle orders are all filled?

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
... I don't think they are looking to cancel the map pack. He just said he might need to rob some maps from it to get Doomed Battalions out the door. I think it is just figuring out where everything can stage before it heads out the door or gets stored longer term.
Excellent!! Thanks for the update :)

I love the SK style maps. Really looking forward to getting the full set in SK style.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So... what's going to be in Operations Special Issue #1? Specifically, what's going to be in it that needs counters?

ctb123

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So... what's going to be in Operations Special Issue #1? Specifically, what's going to be in it that needs counters?
At this point, it has been publicly said there is going to be a stand-alone Iwo Jima game, as well as some errata counters for some MMP games.

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
At this point, it has been publicly said there is going to be a stand-alone Iwo Jima game, as well as some errata counters for some MMP games.
Has anyone heard anything about what the ASL content in the Operations Special Issue #1 will be?

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Last post I saw stated: A couple of SK Scenarios and an ASL-Mini. No definite word if the counters are going to include ASL.

Last edited:

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Posted May 1, 2008 1:02 pm (#58053 Total: 58061)

We are shipping South Mountain, we
[BIG SNIP]

Following all that we're going to either resolve our storage issue for the mapset or just do Doomed Battalions with the boards it needs coming out of the mapset, I haven't decided yet.

No word on the J2 reprint or BRTGG.

That would be, like, a real bummer, dude. :OHNO:

Alan
Brian posted on CSW that the J2 reprint is waiting for an ASL counter sheet run. He also posted that ASLSK#1 is going up for a 3rd reprint. I don't think they are looking to cancel the map pack. He just said he might need to rob some maps from it to get Doomed Battalions out the door. I think it is just figuring out where everything can stage before it heads out the door or gets stored longer term.
Yes, I remember reading they will be.
Yes.

:halo:
If I remember correctly the way to raise the money to print all the SK maps in addition to MY/YOUR bundle:yummy: was for the map bundle proceeds to fund the map supply requirements at MMP. The more maps that are requested the lower the cost. (Sort of like if we in the US drill for oil and gas off of the American coasts and etc.... the cost of oil is going down-- at least more stable and the cash stays home).

Chas.... the map bundles are when? :)
Best regards,:salute:
John

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
How could you possibly infer this from Mr. Youse's update?:angry:

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The map pack is not being canceled. We still need to clear some pallet space, however.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Spec Ops issue will have a mini-HASL (I can't remember anyone having confirmed a campaign game, as was said uptopic), which it appears will have a mapsheet as the middle two pages of the magazine, i.e 11 x 17 in size.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The map will actually be made from the two middle-most pages (each 11" x 17" when removed) to create a 17" x 22" surface.