Update: Expanded Germany CG (1988)

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am currently playtesting this by using the 2 player hotseat mode against myself. See the other thread in this subforum for a description.

I usually play every other day so that I forget a lot of what I did on the previous turn. Right now it is turn 26 (evening of June 13, 1988) and WP forces are starting to cross the Weser. Casualties are higher for the WP forces, but NATO has taken a pounding. It seems as though I have the victory point levels in the right ballpark. If the game were called right now, it would be a NATO minor victory. It is about 1500 points away from being a draw, and there is about 2000 points worth of objectives that are close to being captured by the WP.

The second echelon WP reinforcements have been arriving steadily all day (June 13) with more to come. The mud conditions have slowed the offensive down quite a bit, and the reinforcements are moving up slowly due to the limited number of paved roads. NATO has been receiving reinforcements as well, but the heavy US formations are still a few days out. With a better road network, the NATO reinforcements are having an easier time moving to the front.

There is some tweaking that I'd like to do, but if anyone is interested, drop me a PM and I'll send it your way. If I get enough interest, I'll put it in the downloads section. I would also like to playtest it via PBEM at some point. I don't need to play all 360 turns in my solo playtest to get a feel for balance. :) My turnaround for a game this size would probably be 2 turns a week.