Update and fix for the scoring problem in DA

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Okay guys, Jim Lunsford has indentified the scoring issue based on the files I sent a while back. The problem is part of the way scenarios are generated when units are attached during this stage. The computer was counting them twice, thus throwing off the scoring and generating errors once the scenario began.

Here is how we are going to fix this for the tournament. The person who currently has the file for this turn should email the file directly to Jim. Jim will make the corrections to the savegame and send it back to the same player. That should remedy the problem and the battle can then continue. This shouldn't disrupt the battle in any other way.

Jim will also be posting a new version of DA on the HPS website within a day or two. This patch is not needed to continue playing, but it will be needed to make scenarios that don't have the scoring bug. Everyone should download this as soon as it is available.

Jim's email is jlunsford@kc.rr.com

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
not sure if this is related, as I'm not sure whether or not John has had Jim fix the scn, BUT, there's something screwy going on in our game.

One of John's BDEs' (and it seems to be just the "shell", not the attached units) footprints is now the size of the entire map :D - it might have something to do with damage taken, as that unit was just about annihilated :devil: , but it's made the scn unplayable.

I've contacted Jim and John, but I thought I should mention in case anyone else see's something screwy (The fact that it hasn't affected attached units, only the shell, leads me to believe that the scoring fix may be responsible.)

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I've never seen that bug before, but it sounds like a nasty one. Did you send the files along with your bug report so that Jim could see what was happening?

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Rob,

Are you sending the file to Don or would you like me to send my turn 3 file to him?

Brian

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Jim has fixed the uber-BDE bug, but we're just waiting for him to return the turn file so we can get moving again :)

it apparently has nothing to do with the scoring fix, but is related to deatching units from a BDE structure :) makes the percentage go into the 1000s and as such, the footprint covers a lot of space.

for Blue players the unit was near Myskina, and the only unit of mine that wasn't inside the footprint was the LOC - *that's* how big it was :D

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I take it that all teams have now sent a file to Jim and that everything is now working properly?

MikMyk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any word when the update will be uploaded to the HPS site? No pressure :)

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Jim said he did not know when the HPS webmaster would post it. I think he sent it in a few days ago so I don't anticipate it being much longer.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I have sent Jim two emails on this during the last month, but I have not been able to get in contact with him yet. There was supposed to be a new version of DA posted on the HPS website with the final fix for the scoring and reporting bugs, however, it does not seem to have ever made it to the website. We need to get that for everyone or we will run into the same problems we had with Round 1 (when everyone had to send their files to Jim so he could edit them). If any of you have contact with Jim could you please mention to him that we still need to get that fix posted on the HPS site.