Upcoming CWR ( RSS ) game

Keith Todd

Reaction score
Dean Essig has started posting about the next CWR game, Antietam at ConsimWorld.

Two mapper, from the edge of the Potomac to below Burnsides Bridge.

:yummy:

Keith

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dean Essig has started posting about the next CWR game, Antietam at ConsimWorld.

Two mapper, from the edge of the Potomac to below Burnsides Bridge.

:yummy:

Keith
errata to Keith's post: that's Rohrbach's Bridge...9 Corps could have waded across the Antietam without getting their knees wet (so said Jed Hotchkiss) but 'Ol Burnside was having a snit.

btw, I'm uber-excited about this game; Sharpsburg is, thus far, the only CW battlefield I've visited and one of the most intruiging battles to me. i never played the TSR/SPI regimental version of it, but a CWR version will get some immediate play.

here's hoping...

Keith Todd

Reaction score
From Dean,

"Two maps. Runs from north of the North Woods (the hills where the 1st Corps put its artillery) down past Burnside's Bridge _almost_ to the actual bank of the Potomac and the fords SW of Sharpsburg.

The NW corner has the Potomac dip on-map in the area of New Industry (interesting place to visit, wedged in and around the banks of the river and the C&O Canal bed.)"

Keith

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if there'll be any " McClellan has balls" scenarios (hypothetical, of course) for the 16th and/or the 18th...or, whether there'll be a way to transfer results of South Mountain to this game?

Keith Todd

Reaction score
well, any time i can stick it to Burnside, I do...

Also, re: the map snippet; I asked Dean what the yellow "thingies" were...they're haystacks...in their historic location!
The haystacks were quite obvious to me. ;)

Just picked up the book "Landscape Turned Red" by Sears on Antietam.

I playing Mac right now in ITQF, so far I have 20 Mac points :upset:

I have pushed the rebs off the cornfield and the woods will go next but I am paying a heavy price.

Keith