Up the Bloody Boot PLAYTEST Discussion Thread

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Ver 4 Changelist:

Changed VPs to reflect a German Overwhelming Victory being keeping the Allies below the Gustav Line, a German Significant Victory keeping the Allies out of Rome, a German marginal Victory keeping the Allies south of the Gothic Line, a draw being the Allies get to or just crossing the Po, an Allied marginal victory being the Allies getting to Verona/Vicenza, an Allied Significant Victory being the Allies getting deep into Northeastern Italy, and an Allied Overhwelming Victory the Allies capturing Brenner Pass, getting into Austria, and capturing Trieste.

Fixed entry date of CDN 11 InfBgd (Now early December 43, from January 44)

Fixed UK 7 Armoured Division withdrawal (Now early December 43, from March 44)

Withdrew 4 P.L. Dragoon Gds to be part of CDN 12 Bgd (August 44)
Added TO to disband UK 1 Arm Div late in 44 (was done historically in Sept 44)

Made several rivers Major Rivers

Added 10 Company sized units with Regimental size markings to be used by the Germans when they wish to withdraw, as these units can be left behind to help ensure the retreating unit gets away

Withdrew Canadians in Spring of 45

Made Weather more debilitating

Adjusted Luftwaffe entry and exit dates as per Jonathan “Polynike” McNeice's research

New version of the Italian Campaign thread being playtested by Veers and myself. Veers made most of the adjustments above and my Luftwaffe research was intended for our reworking of an Italian Campaign Scen based on the Sicily to Brenner Pass map.

Please comment on anything we post but please refrain from discussing any strategic or tactical issues that arise in any AAR unless given permission by the author.

Im looking forward to see how the new weather tweaks affect the playability of the mod.

For my Luftwaffe research i used some of the sources in my library and the following highly reccomended websites:

http://www.ww2.dk/
http://www.lexikonderwehrmacht.de/

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Turn 2 just done. So far so good. The revised Luftwaffe OOB gives a real sense of the struggle the Luftwaffe was invloved in in Italy. I have no idea if the new weather matrix Veers designed is scripted or a random event, so i do not know if its in effect yet. Perhaps he can pipe in and let us know!

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Te weather is done by event and set to start in October/November 43 and end in March/April 44 and then again in October/Nov 44 and end in MArch/April 45.
There is also a random chance that there will be some inclement weather in the summer of 44.

The events leave news strings indicating light rain, rain, heavy rain, and snow. The heavier the precipitation, the higher the negative shock on the Allied (and to a much lesser extent the Axis) army. This will, hopefully, give a proper simulation of the difficulties the Allies faced in these fall/winter months. These will also be accompanied by 'storm' events.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Te weather is done by event and set to start in October/November 43 and end in March/April 44 and then again in October/Nov 44 and end in MArch/April 45.
There is also a random chance that there will be some inclement weather in the summer of 44.

The events leave news strings indicating light rain, rain, heavy rain, and snow. The heavier the precipitation, the higher the negative shock on the Allied (and to a much lesser extent the Axis) army. This will, hopefully, give a proper simulation of the difficulties the Allies faced in these fall/winter months. These will also be accompanied by 'storm' events.
Interesting. Have you thought about further effects? Force Pestilence, decreased supply radius?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Interesting. Have you thought about further effects? Force Pestilence, decreased supply radius?
Heh heh, yes. Decreased supply radius I meant to put in before the playtest, but forgot. :D

Pestilence I'm going to work into it for the next version.

Other things I have to do is edit the OOB so the Brits/Canadians/Poles/Amis have diff rifle squads so I can affect their replacements differently.
And other things, but I can't find my notes right now.

I'm also expecting things to come out of the playtest, too.

Further, if anyone else wants to start a playtest of this version with another opponent, let me know.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Still think this map is way too narrow! But i also know there's nothing we can do about that

B-snafu

Reaction score
...........Further, if anyone else wants to start a playtest of this version with another opponent, let me know.
Don't have an opponent but if one comes along Just let me know & i'll be glad to take either side. Though not sure how great I'll be for feedback.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't have an opponent but if one comes along Just let me know & i'll be glad to take either side. Though not sure how great I'll be for feedback.
A save every 5-10 turns would be good and your general feelings, too.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Just a thought but could the German commander have an option to release the Infantry divisions in the North earlier? It would be somewhat ahistorical but could this be balanced by giving the Allies the flexibility of delaying the release of forces for Overlord and Anvil?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just a thought but could the German commander have an option to release the Infantry divisions in the North earlier? It would be somewhat ahistorical but could this be balanced by giving the Allies the flexibility of delaying the release of forces for Overlord and Anvil?
That and many other ahistorical options are what I intend to put into the scenario! :D

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
That and many other ahistorical options are what I intend to put into the scenario! :D
Nice, just a pity about the width of the map. If Tel delivers with the map we should go all out in the new Sicily-Brenner Pass. It wont be much of an effort to finish the OOb (75% done already). Will it be difficult to import the weather matrix from this one?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nice, just a pity about the width of the map. If Tel delivers with the map we should go all out in the new Sicily-Brenner Pass. It wont be much of an effort to finish the OOb (75% done already). Will it be difficult to import the weather matrix from this one?
Won't be difficult at all.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Wyatt,

Just replied to your last. Ill be away tomorrow unitl Sunday late so i may reply Sunday or Monday at the latest

Sker

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I post here just to inform everyone that haven't already heard about it that the area around L'Aquila, were are you actually fighting on the map, have been afflicted yesterday in early morning by a terrible earthquake.
There are actually more that 200 deads and about 1500 woundend and many small towns in te area doesn't exists anymore.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Sker,

Im following the story on the news, a very sad and tragic story. thoughts and prayers with the families.