Unused obscure rules

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi

ASL is a game of chrome and that is one of the reasons I love it. But some rules are very obscure so I was wondering if anyone have ever used E6.6 FORDING LINES. Anyone used horse and cavalry to cross water E6.5?

/S

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There's an official scenario where the cavalry swim across. I am not aware of any scenarios with fording lines, but I think they were used under fire when crossing the Rapido around Cassino.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
There's an official scenario where the cavalry swim across. I am not aware of any scenarios with fording lines, but I think they were used under fire when crossing the Rapido around Cassino.
Scenario U34 The Dornot Watermark (from the Rivers to the Reich pack) is the only (that I could find) official scenario that utilized them.

SSR 5:
The American player may secretly prerecord four hexrows as having Fording Lines (E6.6) extending across the river from one shore hex to the other. When
a Fording Line is eliminated, all units using that Fording Line are also eliminated.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Scenario U34 The Dornot Watermark (from the Rivers to the Reich pack) is the only (that I could find) official scenario that utilized them.

SSR 5:
The American player may secretly prerecord four hexrows as having Fording Lines (E6.6) extending across the river from one shore hex to the other. When
a Fording Line is eliminated, all units using that Fording Line are also eliminated.

I got to play that scenario vs Carl Nogueira in the 2nd round of this year's VASL Night League.

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/vasl-night-league-2017-2018-in-progress.129883/page-2

A very unique and enjoyable ASL scenario.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

ASL is a game of chrome and that is one of the reasons I love it. But some rules are very obscure so I was wondering if anyone have ever used E6.6 FORDING LINES. Anyone used horse and cavalry to cross water E6.5?

/S
A rule I "pulled" on a player recently, a very experienced one at that, is the latter half of B10.31, from the Exception on. I was amazed that my opponent didn't know as he went up the hill, he was getting hit with a -2 for FFMO and FFNAM and no Height Advantage in this situation. Also didn't know you get interdicted in that situation. Not really chrome in the intent of the original poster, but the fact that the player was taken by surprise, shocked me.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A rule I "pulled" on a player recently, a very experienced one at that, is the latter half of B10.31, from the Exception on. I was amazed that my opponent didn't know as he went up the hill, he was getting hit with a -2 for FFMO and FFNAM and no Height Advantage in this situation. Also didn't know you get interdicted in that situation. Not really chrome in the intent of the original poster, but the fact that the player was taken by surprise, shocked me.
-2 if the LOS cross the hex side your opponent crosses, correct?

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had been thinking of asking if anyone has ever dismounted an OP tank observer, giving up the OBA module because they were short on leaders. ? 20 years of ASL and I am just now starting a game with my first ever OP tank.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The is a rule where you use two cart counters to pull a heave gun. Never seen it used in a scenario or in a game.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[G1.641] Hara-Kiri
[B23.424] Scaling
you'll use Hara-Kiri in TRBH ;). Or at least see it used - if you capture any Japanese. Those bonus multipliers for victory are not worth letting them not commit suicide. :)

Scaling I saw used quite recently in a Berlin CG play test. .... you might see it again also - hahahaha :D