Unpossessed SW on an AFV?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of my Riders had the ASL equivalent of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, as their AFV blundered into a Boresighted MG hex and Stunned. When the shooting was over, the squad had received two separate K/ results, CR'ing to a HS and then to nothingness. Question is: what happens to their DC?

The Riders never failed a MC, so they never needed to Bail Out. They didn't get KIA'd, so there didn't seem to be a need to roll for Random SW Destruction. If all that's correct, then it seemed like the DC just clattered to the deck of the tank.

I then drove the tank over to another squad who clambered onboard, but then I realized there probably aren't any rules for Recovering an unpossessed SW on a vehicle.

Disgusted with the whole situation, I decided the DC probably fell off while the tank was zooming around. Still, one wonders. And then one asks.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Good one...

I am afraid that there will be no happy end to the story.

But I am anxious to hear the learned ones' rules reference on this.

von Marwitz

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of my Riders had the ASL equivalent of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, as their AFV blundered into a Boresighted MG hex and Stunned. When the shooting was over, the squad had received two separate K/ results, CR'ing to a HS and then to nothingness. Question is: what happens to their DC?

The Riders never failed a MC, so they never needed to Bail Out. They didn't get KIA'd, so there didn't seem to be a need to roll for Random SW Destruction. If all that's correct, then it seemed like the DC just clattered to the deck of the tank.

I then drove the tank over to another squad who clambered onboard, but then I realized there probably aren't any rules for Recovering an unpossessed SW on a vehicle.

Disgusted with the whole situation, I decided the DC probably fell off while the tank was zooming around. Still, one wonders. And then one asks.
I think D6.24 still covers the effects on the SW even though no Bailout was necessary: "Any SW carried by a Bailing Out Rider is eliminated if the carrying unit breaks or is eliminatedJ11 prior to or after Bail Out."

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Any SW carried by a Bailing Out Rider is eliminated if the carrying unit breaks or is eliminatedJ11 prior to or after Bail Out."
Oddly worded, but close enough for me. If I really wanted that DC, I'd argue that Bailing Out never came into play, but whatevs.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note "or is eliminated" was added by errata (Journal 11) which accounts for its odd (inadequate?) integration into the whole.

Although I suppose the text "A Rider which is forced to leave its AFV . . . " includes the dead. So that they are technically "Bailing Out." The MC may then be a bit of overkill ("He's DEAD, JIM!") but the SW text remains relevant.