Unloading beached LCP(L) at night, uphill, into a building

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Night rules are in effect. My American LCP(L) has beached across a level -1 Ocean hex into a level 0 wooden building hex. I want to unload some infantry. How much MF do I have to spend?
a) 4 MF. Since the LCP(L) has no ramp, it costs 2 MF, doubled for elevation change.
b) 6 MF. 3 MF to enter a building by night, doubled for elevation change.
c) 12 MF. 3 MF to enter a building by night, doubled for elevation change, doubled again for unloading without ramp.
d) ? Something else?

Bonus question: If I have already spend some MP with the LC, can I make a minimum move to unload?

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
You forgot to mention if it's heavy surf in your trick:thumbsup: question.

You can't unload infantry, but you can unload passengers. Keep that in mind. They don't behave like infantry, is the point -- until they are done unloading. So don't try to apply MF cost penalties to passengers as you have done -- extremely -- in case C above.

The cost is 4MF (50% for no ramp, doubled for higher elevation, regardless of the building). PRC are not infantry and don't pay for the nighttime costs for elevation changes and as usual when unloading don't pay the cost of the obstacle to get out of their transport per the vehicle unloading rules in chapter D.

By the way, even regular infantry don't pay double for the extra +1 cost to enter a concealment hex at night. The rules specifically exclude this extra MF from being modified. So night is irrelevant.

You can't make a minimum move if the passenger unit has already expended MF (reduced by movement by the LC) before making the minimum move because it won't have 100% of its MF left. That means you can get stuck on an LC with its ramp down because it's beached, but not enough MF to exit it. Of course your LC in the example don't have ramps -- just sayin'