Units retreating over imaginary bridges.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I had my cav company decimated by John's arty, and this unit had the unfortunate position of guarding a bridge John just nuked with arty :D, as such, their footprint was *wholly* on one side of the river, but their retreat path carried them over the broken bridge to my lines, and to relative safety.

this is not really fair, because John doesn't capture them (as should happen), and I've got units that seem unable to drive over intact bridges...but really, those units should be EPWs by now.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
You have to be careful with bridges in this game. DA's pathfinding ability is fairly poor and units will get hung up on bridges and fail to move on a regular basis. This is expecially true in scenarios using a large map and very small terrain "squares." It can be hard to see them and you basically have to hold a unit's hand when you order it across a bridge. In short, you need to plot the waypoints so the unit itself (the icon) moves only on dry land. DA's pathfinding is not smart enough to find its way across a rive by simply pointing it towards a point on the other side.

I have also noticed that units will occasionally stop where they are for no particular reason and simply fail to advance. This can happen in completely open terrain miles away from any enemy units. When this happens just delete the unit's waypoints and then plot them again. The unit will then continue to advance on the following turn. Its an irritating bug.