Understanding the CH Counters.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well the Nat set of Italians in the East and Italians in the desert are the same exact set. I rarely admit mistakes, but buying both was a mistake.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well the Nat set of Italians in the East and Italians in the desert are the same exact set. I rarely admit mistakes, but buying both was a mistake.
Even the artwork on the MMC/SMC counters? That’s his usual difference

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I liked the CH Italian MMC's which were included with Ruweisat Ridge, however their shorts and tropical helmets would have looked rather out of place on the Eastern Front.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You better look again. The art work isn't the same. They have different uniforms.
ok, I stand corrected. I own up to my mistakes. Didn't look at the uniforms too closely, the font is a bit small and I have not played them yet. Thanks.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some time ago my friend Don Carlucci was the force behind the alternative type French units for Critical Hit, which do not have a reduced broken side. Has anyone played with them? Don has argued that the flaw in the ASL' s portrayal of the French is that their leaders SMC rather than their MMC should be reduced in quality. Tim

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Some time ago my friend Don Carlucci was the force behind the alternative type French units for Critical Hit, which do not have a reduced broken side. Has anyone played with them? Don has argued that the flaw in the ASL' s portrayal of the French is that their leaders SMC rather than their MMC should be reduced in quality. Tim
An alternate counter set for the French? That would be trippy!

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don told me that it was in the Critical Hit magazine. No 3. I think.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not sure that I like their counters, but the Wake Island map is magnificent! Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On the grapevine, one of the latest ASL games in progress has modern armor with a penetration ratings up to 160! You folks can badmouth RT all you want, but he has people in his design team with expertise in shells and armor penetration. Not all game designers understand the ASL conception of pentration of armor by shells.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All that I know is that my friend Don Carlucci makes sure that the penetration tables are accurate. Dr. Norman Friedman would not write the introduction to Don s second edition if he did not know his field. He is the U. S. Army's top expert on penetration. Look at his book. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don is really far more involved in the revised Tobruck game. Yes, there is a pattern to the armor thickness of AFV. Beyond my Ken. And beyond the Ken of most of us. It goes 0,1,2,3,4,6,8,11,14,18,26. Don has now taken the ASL armor upward further. To the present. Tim

Last edited: