Understanding the CH Counters.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Less QQ more Pew Pew little Corperal.

Scott
MMP does not sell 500-1000 of an ASL release. Its print runs are 5,000 and up for ASL products, depending on what product it is. Even tiny third party producers like Heat of Battle would make sell more than 500 copies of a product.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP does not sell 500-1000 of an ASL release. Its print runs are 5,000 and up for ASL products, depending on what product it is. Even tiny third party producers like Heat of Battle would make sell more than 500 copies of a product.
I stand corrected. 5000 is not a high number either. It's none of my business, but I wish I could confirm that number because it sounds higher than I would think it would be.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, my wife calls my counters my "little friends" and my girls could care less of this game either, it will not be passed on in a legacy trip. I am sure when I go, my wife will dump all this crap and not think a second about my ASL history. So, bury me with all my MMP, BFP, HOB and yes, CH counters and let the game die with me. :)

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This was originally about counters, correct? CH's counters to be exact. Didn't mean to have it grow into a folly of pseudo insults and "look at me", I am who the biggest rooster in the hen house. I go back to what I said a week ago, the counters are a tool to play the game, but they are just that, game counters.

It can be Pitman, or it can be another player of the game, it doesn't matter to me. I play with counters from all publishers and do it without a second thought. It is game, unfrtunatly a game that is having trouble attracting younger players, but that is another issue for a later date.

Can't we all get along. :)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Rules and scenarios for KWASL were such a mess when handed over to MMP. Now MMP has to rework many of its crazy rules and scenarios and I guess that can be very time consuming. OTOH, I am looking forward CH Korea magazine.

Scott
Maybe in 2020. I pre-saled Forgotten War in 12/2015 and not a peep since then.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back to the at least part of the original subject. has anyone bought CH's new NW Europe Counter Collection '45 set? If one looks closely at the picture of the counters one can see green counters (looks like Axis Minors). Does anyone know what they are? Are there minor power AFVs included?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Back to the at least part of the original subject. has anyone bought CH's new NW Europe Counter Collection '45 set? If one looks closely at the picture of the counters one can see green counters (looks like Axis Minors). Does anyone know what they are? Are there minor power AFVs included?
The NW Europe set is just a reprint of the Aller packs but in the new CH colours there are Germans in Feldgrau, Brits in Khaki, German Marines in Blue and some Hungarians but no axis minor vehicles and guns in the set

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The NW Europe set is just a reprint of the Aller packs but in the new CH colours there are Germans in Feldgrau, Brits in Khaki, German Marines in Blue and some Hungarians but no axis minor vehicles and guns in the set
I was afraid of that - sigh. If it had a few I would buy it in a heart beat.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
My CH counters have arrived in London about 4 days ago and they are just lying around somewhere without being processed. Not even in customs yet. The postal service always seems to drain the fun out of my orders. Hurry Up! :D

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Blah blah blah. Trying to compare sharp language to what CH has done over the years is ridiculous.
All I was pointing out was is that it is like saying Ray or whoever ought to be more conscientious without being conscientious oneself.

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My CH counters have arrived in London about 4 days ago and they are just lying around somewhere without being processed. Not even in customs yet. The postal service always seems to drain the fun out of my orders. Hurry Up! :D
I ordered a FKaK from the UK and it sat in Atlanta (according to the tracking) for more than a week waiting to be transferred between the shipper and USPS. I ordered some items from Italy and they got here in 5 days but was a flat envelope. I think they are rolling the sniper effects die to decide whether items sit or pass at each point.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The trouble is that we as the recipients of the post never actually know what is going on - I always start worrying that the post is lost although that hardly ever happens. I think that only once or twice in 10 years of ordering over the internet has my item been lost; but you never KNOW!