Understanding the CH Counters.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Has CH done a French nationality set?
they have just announced the early war French counter sets consisting of what looks to be 4 full countersheets two of 1/2" and 2 of 5/8"plus two 1/2 sheets of ? counters in both sizes

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered a set of the French along with other items and got notification today that the rest of my order had shipped but the French set had not. I'll update with info on them when I get them if someone else doesn't before I do.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yes, I also ordered the French OOB last week from CH. My old French counters are tired. I would love to get MMP's version of the French, and I will once they reprint, but it takes them a long time to produce. I have no problem with CH's counter sets. I think their counters have gotten better over the last few years. Also, you don't need to playtest counters, so there is no loss there.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
MMP may lose out on future sales following CH's counter printing frenzy.

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP may lose out on future sales following CH's counter printing frenzy.
I'm very new to the game but it is an interesting thought. If someone buys the French counters from CH and is able to play the scenarios, will they still buy the new MMP module when available. Likely some fall into each camp. MMP does put out a high quality product and there will be some extra value. Maybe they will provide the later war French so you don't have to mix and match counters for later scenarios. Of course, nothing says CH can't beat them to the draw with that also.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you have the counters you still need the Chapter H vehicle and Gun notes. For this you will need the MMP set.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm very new to the game but it is an interesting thought. If someone buys the French counters from CH and is able to play the scenarios, will they still buy the new MMP module when available. Likely some fall into each camp. MMP does put out a high quality product and there will be some extra value. Maybe they will provide the later war French so you don't have to mix and match counters for later scenarios. Of course, nothing says CH can't beat them to the draw with that also.
From what MMP has said their new French module will also be an HASL so it is likely it will also be purchased by most ASL players.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If someone buys the French counters from CH and is able to play the scenarios, will they still buy the new MMP module when available.
Probably so. You will want the Chapter H notes, the scenarios, ...
And there might be some out there - well, at least me - who prefer b/w 'classic' counter art and not the colored stuff.

von Marwitz

Reactions: Abe

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just ordered the second printing of the black SS counters. Does anyone know if these include the Maus and Sturmtiger? There is a bonus sheet that contains the Maus how can I get hold of that?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just ordered the second printing of the black SS counters. Does anyone know if these include the Maus and Sturmtiger? There is a bonus sheet that contains the Maus how can I get hold of that?
Only on the bonus sheet , you get one Maus. After all that was all that was completed with a real turret.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Do they send the bonus sheet with every order?