Ultimate Treachery Quick AAR

LtDan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played this one last night and just wanted to post a few quick notes on it.

First of all, I don't think this is unbalanced as ROAR suggests (13-3 in favor of the French). At first it seems impossible-- the Japanese have to secure 45 building locations without using mopping up? I do think it's a little tougher on the Japanese but it can be done (in fact, Keith won with the Japanese in our game). I do think it could be a bit dicey due to it's length, but because there should be plenty of opportunities to roll the dice, it may just even out there.

Pay close attention to the set up restrictions, they give a detailed road net that you need to set up on the other side of. As the French, don't forget that the Japanese can choose to enter from the east board edge-- this forces you to spread out. But in this one spreading out is not a bad thing. In fact you need to spread out to have people in all the main big buildings. The key is to make the Japanese come and get you in close combat. Don't give up any of the big buildings without at least a couple of close combats.

If you like a scenario that has an element of "bug hunt" to it, give this one a try. Without banzai charges and jungle, the Japanese are not the supermen they usually are. I don't think it's as unbalanced as ROAR would suggest.