UK player (new to VASL but not ASL) looking for VASL games

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

New to VASL / SKYPE so it will be slow and I am going to need help setting the boards and turn markers up. Happy to play anything ETO, PTO - you hum it I'll play it :)

If you do not want a game any suggestions as to what to read / watch to get better at VASL would be appreciated please.

The UK is currently GMT +1

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
HIya Joe, want a chance for revenge?

If so I will be open for live play evening (Swedish timezone) Monday-Thursday. Happy to include some PBEM in between as well.¨¨

Prefer scenarios/CGs on the meatier side,

Regards

Stefan

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
HIya Joe, want a chance for revenge?

If so I will be open for live play evening (Swedish timezone) Monday-Thursday. Happy to include some PBEM in between as well.¨¨

Prefer scenarios/CGs on the meatier side,

Regards

Stefan
Stefan,

You'll be glad to know that I do not do ASL revenge :) It is just an enjoyable game.........

That is a very kind offer, thank you - I'll PM you.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome to VASL Joe! My dance card is pretty full right now, but let's play some day. See you at the Ring - 1st round. Sam

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Welcome to VASL Joe! My dance card is pretty full right now, but let's play some day. See you at the Ring - 1st round. Sam
Hello Sam - despite Brexit I booked the ferry so I will be there. Which scenario do you want to play this year? I'll email you.

What amused me was that the British ASL people saw the LFT article about Villeneuve - I had to point out to them that for me here in East Kent, it was the closest ASL tourny to travel to. I had a seven hour drive to Heroes in Blackpool ?. Grenadier and Koln is closer for me than Blackpool.

Many thanks for the offer of a game - I'll look forward to it. Drop me a line please when you have some space in that dance card.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Joe,
A few posts down from yours on this forum there is another UK player looking for a weekly VASL game also.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Joe,
A few posts down from yours on this forum there is another UK player looking for a weekly VASL game also.
If it is this one:
UK gamer looking for weekly live VASL game (by David Murray)

I looked at it and he appeared to have found his opponents. Thank you though - I should drop him a line just in case.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If it is this one:
UK gamer looking for weekly live VASL game (by David Murray)

I looked at it and he appeared to have found his opponents. Thank you though - I should drop him a line just in case.
Yup, that was the one.

Mikeyg55

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Joe
Also from the UK and in a similar situation, if you still looking let me know
Cheers
Mike